School "Unlawfully" Discriminated a Pupil-Forge Valley

Woodview is correct. A question for older forum members (55 years plus) - can anyone recall experiencing class/school mates with ADHD?

Spot on. And also maybe a good hiding would solve these "behavioral difficulties".

I still find it incredible that people come on this forum to promote child abuse. Please get help if you like the idea of young children being beaten.

Load of absolute rubbish being spouted out about the lad needing corporal punishment.

He needs to be taught in a class or school appropriate for his problems. That also means away from the other 30 kids in the class who also need to be not discriminated against for not having a disability.

agree if hes genuinely got a behavior problem, if hes just a little ..... that likes to kick off then he needs chastising:roll:

Perhaps those on here who wish to see beatings returned to our schools for children with difficulties should read the article on one such educational establishment in the USA:

Bid to close down Rotenberg Center.

You may miss this gem if you fail to read the whole article:

...one of its residents, Brandon, had been living there for 22 years and was still being shocked on average 33 times a week...

old fashioned education and schooling resulted in respectful kids who grew up to be respectful adults........................today and from the early 90,s onwards not so!

Utter rubbish.

Woodview is correct. A question for older forum members (55 years plus) - can anyone recall experiencing class/school mates with ADHD?

Most certainly.

There were children in our village who were mercilessly bullied because they were different and I did not do anything to prevent it- that we were just teasing or winding them up, was accepted by the grown ups.

One was 'lucky' because he was hidden away, boarded in a special school.

The other had an awful time as she was probably autistic and had no clue why we were so cruel to her.

Perhaps it is very telling that we do not have a school re-union.

And please don't think that it does not happen now or that attitudes by adults and parents has changed completely.

Only last week on the 51 bus two over 55 year olds had a rant at a parent and child on their way to an appointment at the Ryegate annex of the Childrens' Hospital.

Now I am bigger, older, wiser and riven with guilt, I did step in and told the over 55s that I was a left wing, expenses dependent councillor, labour party member, foreigner, Guardian reading, BBC watching, Wednesday/United fan, on the dole, Henderson's Relish hating*....etc., which soon had them distracted from their attack on an confused child and a distraught mother.

We had someone with behavioural problems 2 years above me at secondary school. He was teased constantly and we younger boys were just grateful that it wasn't us.

I came across him several years later facing a murder charge in a court I was visiting.

Incidentally, we were a school where discipline was vigorously handed out and it didn't seem to do this poor chap any harm. (Irony there)

We had someone with behavioural problems 2 years above me at secondary school. He was teased constantly and we younger boys were just grateful that it wasn't us.

I came across him several years later facing a murder charge in a court I was visiting.

Incidentally, we were a school where discipline was vigorously handed out and it didn't seem to do this poor chap any harm. (Irony there)

As a parent of a child with ASD when I look back at some of the kids who were in my school I can easily identify some of their behaviour as typical of those with learning difficulties associated with ADHD or those on the Autistic spectrum and I am in my 50s, many of those kids went on to have appalling lives as adults.

Spot on. And also maybe a good hiding would solve these "behavioral difficulties".

According to the article, the lad has PTSD. You think kids with mental health problems should be beaten? What's wrong with you?

When i was at school bad behavior was punished , now people make excuses for it and give it trendy names like ADHD.

...or, when you were at school ADHD, dyslexia, autism etc were not recognized- so they were labeled as 'bad behaviour', and the young victims were punished unjustly.

---------- Post added 17-11-2018 at 20:42 ----------

How would they have recognized it? Given that ADHD did not exist as a diagnosis, and so any child with ADHD would simply be labelled as displaying 'bad behavior'.

Presumably over 55 year olds will recall classmates labelled as displaying 'bad behavior'?

How would they have recognized it? Given that ADHD did not exist as a diagnosis, and so any child with ADHD would simply be labelled as displaying 'bad behavior'.

...or could it be that bad behaviour is now labelled as 'ADHD'?

Just a thought. I honestly don't know.

Quote onewheeldave: How would they have recognized it? Given that ADHD did not exist as a diagnosis, and so any child with ADHD would simply be labelled as displaying 'bad behavior'.

In that case, does anyone remember having classmates with bad behaviour? I cant recall one incidence of this. School was in working class area.