RIP John Wilson

Genuinely shocked to hear this. I'm at best a fair weather angler now but (despite?) that laugh and those shorts on his foreign shows remember Go Fishing fondly.

A fishing superstar has gone. John you were a superstar!

RIP John Wilson. Yes he was living in Thailand but was wanting to return to Norfolk.

R.I.P John. ( The Wensum Wanderer)

Not interested in fishing but remember seeing his programme.

"what a lovely fish" "what a beautiful fish"

I was told this tale by an acquaintance of John Wilson some years ago which I found quite amusing. He was part of an Anglers World Holidays team fishing for mahseer in India. The party had struggled to catch but Wilson was determined to hook a fish. One evening, as dusk fell, their guide said it was time to pack up. Wilson protested, saying it was the best time for the mahseer to feed. When the guide replied it was also the best time for the Bengal tiger to feed and a roar emanated in the distance, Wilson simply abandoned his tackle and would have given Usain Bolt a run for his money in his haste to get to the safety of their vehicle.

r.I.p John.

Used to live in Norfolk and regularly went in his shop.

Really nice guy, friendly and welcoming. Always busy but usually found a few minutes to chat.

RIP