B/W WWI footage made into colour - They shall not grow old

Sounds really interesting, trouble is I can't get I player in Canada,or so the link says. Would love to see it as both my grandfathers fought in France and Belguim in that horrific war. Hope somebody puts it on You Tube or the like, I have made a note of the title.

It's being released in the cinema in the US towards the middle of December so I suspect it'll also get a cinema release in Canada.

It's being released in the cinema in the US towards the middle of December so I suspect it'll also get a cinema release in Canada.

Thanks, I will keep my eyes open but I fear it will only be shown in small artsy type venues and for a short period. However, it should be shown in Canada as Canadian troops were way more relevant in WW1 than the Americans, even though they had the numbers, man for man, it was no contest.

You could try a VPN to emulate you being in the UK.

Thanks, all new to me, but I have downloaded a VPN on Chrome and will try using it tomorrow.

Only my opinion, I wish Politicians who send these brave men to War had to go and fight along side of them. Lets put it this way there would have been or would be less wars. :roll:

Only my opinion, I wish Politicians who send these brave men to War had to go and fight along side of them. Lets put it this way there would have been or would be less wars. :roll:

Yes indeed long gone are the days when the leader of a country led his soldiers into battle. Today's leaders think it's a game simply because they don't have to be there. Terms like "gains with inevitable losses" and "collateral damage" make me sick when they are uttered by mealy-mouthed politicians who wouldn't know one end of a rifle from the other.

Yes indeed long gone are the days when the leader of a country led his soldiers into battle. Today's leaders think it's a game simply because they don't have to be there. Terms like "gains with inevitable losses" and "collateral damage" make me sick when they are uttered by mealy-mouthed politicians who wouldn't know one end of a rifle from the other.

Yes Im sure if the senders had to suffer the same way, they would think twice.

Why would something as important to our country as this only be available on the iPlayer for six days,  yet Hyper Normalisation by Adam Curtis zzzz has been available for over a year.

I've wondered that too. Its always pushed on you as soon as you go on iPlayer.

I recorded this and watched it while annotating war diary pages for an artillery platoon from the Somme and completing an application for the full service paperwork for two relatives who are buried in Thiepval.  I can imagine the enormity of the technical wizardry necessary to make the mechanically recorded images play at modern rate, let alone doing suitable research to make all of the uniforms appear in correct colours and all the rest, but very sobering all round.

What a criminal waste of human lives.

On 11/22/2018 at 6:56 AM, Doubtful said:

Why would something as important to our country as this only be available on the iPlayer for six days,  yet Hyper Normalisation by Adam Curtis zzzz has been available for over a year.

maybe rights issues? sadly