B/W WWI footage made into colour - They shall not grow old

That first scene, where the speed goes normal, widescreen, and then into colour gave me the chills. It made it all the more real.

If you didn't watch it last night then you really should because it is excellent - it is only on iPlayer for next 6 days.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0brzkzx/they-shall-not-grow-old

Thanks, we'll look at that asap.

---------- Post added 13-11-2018 at 11:58 ----------

It should be shown in schools for education.

I think it is. When they first announced it, they said it would be available for all schools to use.

That first scene, where the speed goes normal, widescreen, and then into colour gave me the chills. It made it all the more real.

Agreed that part was amazing.

Sounds really interesting, trouble is I can't get I player in Canada,or so the link says. Would love to see it as both my grandfathers fought in France and Belguim in that horrific war. Hope somebody puts it on You Tube or the like, I have made a note of the title.

.......a hugely moving piece!...........highly recommended! *****

.......a hugely moving piece!...........highly recommended! *****

The bit where the guy talking on the voiceover about having to shoot a fellow allie to put him out of his misery as he was crying for his mother, in bits after being blown up was, you could hear his voice break up as he said i had to?

The bit where the guy talking on the voiceover about having to shoot a fellow allie to put him out of his misery as he was crying for his mother, in bits after being blown up was, you could hear his voice break up as he said i had to?
True!...........you would think this film was Hollywood at it's very best!.....no, just real life as it really happened.

Just watched it in its entirety.

VERY moving.

The very old black and white and jerky footage we are all used to seeing is changed into colour footage which could have been filmed yesterday.

Very clever and very real.