Dam Flask - low water levels

I don't think I've ever seen the Flask so low! Is it due to the dry(ish) summer, or are more works planned?

I noticed a few portacabins have reappeared in the field by the overflow. :confused:

It was lower in 2003 feargal, I've fished and walked around Damflask for nearly forty years and it is very low at present.

In order that we don't worry too much, Damflask is not used to provide drinking water and rarely do we get water from Ladybower.

Despite that it is quite difficult to get specific data from YW regarding storage levels, water quality and supply forecasts for Sheffield- they will provide historic data (as required by law) but current data is regarded as commercially sensitive by this monopoly.

. . . but current data is regarded as commercially sensitive by this monopoly.

heh heh, I've seen that excuse pulled too many times :hihi:

Viridor Waste Management (or whoever is/was in charge of Shirecliffe landfill) when people wanted to know what was being dumped near their backyards.

And our very own t'council, and that contract with Am*y

Like you say, all monopolies, or with very long contracts partnerships still to run :suspect:

Morehall reservoir is also very ,very low at the minute. Lower than i have ever seen it.

Morehall reservoir is also very ,very low at the minute. Lower than i have ever seen it.

This is just a compensation dam .

We had little rain this summer and fall.

heh heh, I've seen that excuse pulled too many times :hihi:

Viridor Waste Management (or whoever is/was in charge of Shirecliffe landfill) when people wanted to know what was being dumped near their backyards.

And our very own t'council, and that contract with Am*y

Like you say, all monopolies, or with very long contracts partnerships still to run :suspect:

Yes, and Broomhead. It's been getting lower and lower, despite the drought being over for quite a while now. I wonder if they are letting them both drain and if it's got something to do with the work they're doing on More Hall dam?

In order that we don't worry too much, Damflask is not used to provide drinking water and rarely do we get water from Ladybower.

Despite that it is quite difficult to get specific data from YW regarding storage levels, water quality and supply forecasts for Sheffield- they will provide historic data (as required by law) but current data is regarded as commercially sensitive by this monopoly.

What is the water in Damflask and Lady Bower used for? Flushing, industry etc?

Thanks in advance

for maintaining the levels of the River Loxley & Don (that's the Flask, not Ladybower!)