Appalled by folks in the station at 11, no silence

Guest makapaka
Yes and my remembrance is for the millions of people slaughtered in the most awful way for something that they had absolutely no stake in, rather than the usual misty eyed nonsense about duty, serving King and country, glorious sacrifice and 'we're all in it together' when in reality we were just cannon fodder while the generals and most of the commissioned officers were smoking pipes and drinking fine wines and whisky in safety.

Members of the royal family, aristocrats and politicians should all be excluded from remembrance services.

Good. You didn’t explain that as succinctly previously though.

Interestingly, Rowan Atkinson said at the time that the controversial heavy end to what was supposed to be a comedy was precisely because there was nothing funny about the First World War for those in the trenches. Richard Curtis' portrayal of Melchett and Darling as the 'donkeys leading the Lions' was spot on.

As I remember it, Darling was fed to the lions.

Guest makapaka
what has the got to do with my post, my post was about people defending our country?

Yes and his post was about World War One.

Yes and his post was about World War One.

my post wasnt

you really are missing the point arnt you, it was about,

quote my post

God help us if we have to defend our country if we have to rely on people like you.

my bold

my post wasnt

You are on the wrong thread then, because this thread is about the 100th anniversary of the end of World War One.

You are on the wrong thread then, because this thread is about the 100th anniversary of the end of World War One.

whats this about then,

Appalled by folks in the station at 11, no silence

Guest makapaka
my post wasnt

you really are missing the point arnt you, it was about,

quote my post

God help us if we have to defend our country if we have to rely on people like you.

my bold

What did they say that made you think that?