Appalled by folks in the station at 11, no silence

EccoNOOB, you're so desperate to make a point you use phrases like "Screeching in and out" and "Blowing their whistles" generally making a noise...... it's the talking that's disrespectful. Like when you were in school.

All I said in my post was that I was impressed by the manageress..... TBH I had totally forgotten that it was 11am on the 11th of the 11th.and she reminded me there were more important things than my shopping!.... for just two minutes!

We are not that important, and neither are you.

It wasn't compulsory and neither is wearing a poppy.

I'm much more appalled by the fact that millions of ordinary people were slaughtered in furtherance of a spat between Europe's ruling classes, yet for all the commemoration discussion over the past weeks and months, that fact strangely seemed to have been largely ignored.

Our glorious dead? There was nothing glorious about five years of wholesale slaughter and for what? :suspect:

Armistice day isn't about the glorious dead. It's about the glorious peace and remembering those who gave their lives.

EccoNOOB, you're so desperate to make a point you use phrases like "Screeching in and out" and "Blowing their whistles" generally making a noise...... it's the talking that's disrespectful. Like when you were in school.

All I said in my post was that I was impressed by the manageress..... TBH I had totally forgotten that it was 11am on the 11th of the 11th.and she reminded me there were more important things than my shopping!.... for just two minutes!

We are not that important, and neither are you.

So, to review, if it wasn't for Aldi, you'd have sailed past the two minutes silence without a thought.

They just need to shut up! Silence is a simple thing and for two minutes! The trains don't need to stop, everything doesn't need to stop.... everyone can just SHUTTUP for two minutes!

I hope that doesn't apply to air traffic controllers! :suspect:

I hope that doesn't apply to air traffic controllers! :suspect:

10:59 in the air traffic control centre: "Can everyone just fly around in circles for a few minutes?"

Guest makapaka
So, to review, if it wasn't for Aldi, you'd have sailed past the two minutes silence without a thought.

Exactly - “lest we forget” ......may the supermarket remind us......:rolleyes:

That's what I said, where were you at 11:00?

10:59 in the air traffic control centre: "Can everyone just fly around in circles for a few minutes?"

and doctors, nurses, police, etc etc etc dont talk daft

I was in Whitby watching the service from the back upper deck on my employers ship while i was working, then we did a fish and chip dinner for 50 or so servicemen and women, and the mayor.

At home, watching it on the telly.

I was in Whitby watching the service from the back upper deck on my employers ship while i was working, then we did a fish and chip dinner for 50 or so servicemen and women, and the mayor.

So you did observe a minutes silence!

Good on ya!

So you did observe a minutes silence!

Good on ya!

tried, there was some really noisy ducks close by on the sea lol, trying to get in on the act, quacking like hell they were