Appalled by folks in the station at 11, no silence

And yet here you are accusing me of making it political, you couldn't make it up.

By the way, I hope you appreciate how well the monument and surrounding roads and pavements were looking. I don't need a poppy to pay my respects.

.........did you pay your respects at the monument commemoration then Max?

Actually - hospital staff D0 observe the 2 minutes silence - wherever possible - along with their patients if they wish in my experience

See post 65

Edited by medusa
fixed tags

.........did you pay your respects at the monument commemoration then Max?

Did you show your once a year respect?

Actually - hospital staff D0 observe the 2 minutes silence - wherever possible - along with their patients if they wish in my experience

See post 65

Yes..... what I said - seen it.

The police and fire service too.

Edited by medusa
fixed tags

Did you show your once a year respect?
........I show it throughout the year in a number of ways mainly fundraising,but don't make a fuss about it!................your politics would have seen you absent at the monument then?

i don't think having a 2 minute silence is 'making a fuss' tbh.

Each their own I guess - so long as it doesn't interfere with others

To those who choose not to observe the silence or buy the Poppy, it's up to them it's a personal choice.

I would add that the dead gave their all so the rest of us could be here to day in our Great Country.

As a personal choice, I did buy the Poppy and observe the silence, as I do every year.

"Only the dead have seen the end of war"

Angel1.

I did a minute's silence at 11:11... genuinely had no idea it was two minutes at 11....

I also donated but didn't wear a poppy. I didn't feel the need to show others or contribute to waste (although I do understand that branding/advertising is important in raising awareness).

Edited by Eddie_shef
Added the bit about buying a poppy.

Our glorious dead? There was nothing glorious about five years of wholesale slaughter and for what? :suspect:

If it wasn't for them you might not be here writing nonsense on an internet forum. Show some respect.

If it wasn't for them you might not be here writing nonsense on an internet forum. Show some respect.

As far as I can see he hasn't been disrespectful. He is stating fact.

Deal with it.

The appalling thing is that their slaughter made very little difference and the war to end all wars was effective for what, twenty years?

It's time to see the dead of World War One on both sides as victims, not heroes. Those who shot their officers then walked away had the right idea. Most of them sat terrified for months in dark, wet stinking trenches ridden with lice and if they didn't go mad they were shot or blown to bits by enemy shells, and for what? A name on a memorial somewhere and being called a hero. That doesn't sound like a very good deal to me.

Maybe you should show some respect for their memory! :suspect: