Four dead in Darnall crash 09/11/2018

My deepest sympathies to all those innocent people effected.

I read in the news it was an “accident”. I don’t beleave it should be seen as a road “accident” the people who where running away from the police knew forwel they where putting lives of others at risk.

I beleave it should be treated as murder. If somebody goes charging round with a knife, and bumps into somebody, it would be seen as murder. If somebody charges round in a car and hits somebody, it’s reckless driving?. If you kill somebody as a result of of a deliberate action that knowing puts other people at risk, then you should be equally ore paired to face the consequences of your actions.

An eye for an eye.

I have always been against capital punishment, but the older I get, the crueler the world seems to be getting. I beleave there should be equal and measurable justice for the victims and there families.

Murder requires intent. "Bumping into someone" with a knife would be manslaughter.

Murder requires intent. "Bumping into someone" with a knife would be manslaughter.

if you are driving in a dangerous manner, without a care for other road users, your onley care is to satisfy your-self at any cost.

What would you call that?

if you are driving in a dangerous manner, without a care for other road users, your onley care is to satisfy your-self at any cost.

What would you call that?

That's dangerous driving.

https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/dangerous-driving

"The act of driving a motor vehicle in a manner that falls far below that expected of a competent and careful driver and hence puts the life of the driver and the lives of other road users at risk"

That's dangerous driving.

https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/dangerous-driving

"The act of driving a motor vehicle in a manner that falls far below that expected of a competent and careful driver and hence puts the life of the driver and the lives of other road users at risk"

that carries a 14 year sentence.

I read in the news it was an “accident”. I don’t beleave it should be seen as a road “accident” the people who where running away from the police knew forwel they where putting lives of others at risk.

Well what else should it be seen as?

Are you seriously suggesting that they deliberately hit the other car? :confused:

Mind you prisons nowadays are like holiday camps!!

Our prisons are overcrowded, violent, degrading and dehumanising places.

In 2016 there were 25,049 assaults, 37,784 incidents of self harm and 119 suicides.

You're talking rubbish.

In what circumstances would that sentence be imposed?

The Todwick slaughterer only got 10 years, which we all know means five.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1325311/13-pint-driver-found-guilty-over-6-deaths.html

If memory serves it was 15 originally but taken down to 10 on appeal?

that is the maximum jail sentence that can be imposed

My point was that if a crime such as that only merits "10" years, what would have to be committed to warrant the maximum?

My point was that if a crime such as that only merits "10" years, what would have to be committed to warrant the maximum?

that was the maximum at the time, as the judge stated, it was no way near enough time, that is why he gave him 45 years