Four dead in Darnall crash 09/11/2018

Exactly, if a car fails to stop when the police are obviously asking you too, blue lights and siren etc, then maybe it should be mandatory that a unmarked car follows at a safe distant at the same time deploying the police chopper to follow. You cannot weigh the cost of that against the likes of having four people losing their lives.

Obviously you can weigh the cost of that against your actual available budget though. :roll:

---------- Post added 10-11-2018 at 20:57 ----------

Surely in this case it will be death by dangerous driving.

The maximum prison sentence the court can impose for causing death by dangerous driving or careless driving under the influence of drink or drugs is 14 years;

If they try instead for Unlawful Act Manslaughter it's up to 24 years.

https://www.sentencingcouncil.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/Manslaughter_Definitive-Guideline_WEB.pdf

So sad. Three toerags who failed to stop for police kill four innocent people and leave three more critically ill, and they walk away with minor injuries.

If these idiots hadnt drove off from the police this wouldnt have happened. I hope all three are charges with four counts of murder .

---------- Post added 10-11-2018 at 16:02 ----------

Dont blame the police, blame the losers who failed to stop for them.

I’m not blaming the police. I’m staying what I believe is a fact: the police usually have protocols in place for car chases and there will likely be some kind of investigation. Like it or not, that is what will happen.

Don't be ridiculous!

There was an old woman in Devon or Cornwall I think, who killed two people on a pedestrian crossing because she had lost her glasses and didn't see them.

Should she be charged with murder? :suspect:

What did the police who were chasing her say ?

These days so many services are being farmed out to private contractors. Not all of them doing a great job apparently, G4S for example. That aside, would it be a deterrent to criminals of this nature for them to be sent to a correctional facility abroad to serve their jail time there. A facility that they would never want to return to. I could imagine it saving the British tax payer a lot of money too

Apart from the do gooders and human rights campaigners, would our hard working and law abiding citizens be in in favour of such an arrangement?

Siberia should serve the purpose.

Oh, hang on.........

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7682942/russian-crime-lord-killed-family-lobster-caviar-prison/

What did the police who were chasing her say ?

I very much doubt that the police were chasing her! :roll:

My deepest sympathies to all those innocent people effected.

I read in the news it was an “accident”. I don’t beleave it should be seen as a road “accident” the people who where running away from the police knew forwel they where putting lives of others at risk.

I beleave it should be treated as murder. If somebody goes charging round with a knife, and bumps into somebody, it would be seen as murder. If somebody charges round in a car and hits somebody, it’s reckless driving?. If you kill somebody as a result of of a deliberate action that knowing puts other people at risk, then you should be equally ore paired to face the consequences of your actions.

An eye for an eye.

I have always been against capital punishment, but the older I get, the crueler the world seems to be getting. I beleave there should be equal and measurable justice for the victims and there families.

I read online that the driver was wanted for attempted murder and had been featured on the stars most wanted list recently. A name was mentioned but I won’t repeat it on here...

SYP have tweeted that Declan and Elliot Bower (previously wanted for various offences) are now in custody.

Should someone driving illegally who causes no damage or loss of life get the same sentence as someone who causes damage to property, or harming or killing someone?

If they get a guilty on the previous charges as well as for the tragic deaths in the road incident, are the sentences likely to be served separate or concurrent?

If they get a guilty on the previous charges as well as for the tragic deaths in the road incident, are the sentences likely to be served separate or concurrent?

The judge can give consecutive sentences ie one to start after the other due to the offences being so serious and committed at different times.