Four dead in Darnall crash 09/11/2018

If memory serves it was 15 originally but taken down to 10 on appeal?

That's correct.

---------- Post added 11-11-2018 at 12:55 ----------

that was the maximum at the time, as the judge stated, it was no way near enough time, that is why he gave him 45 years

But another judge reduced it to ten.

That's correct.

---------- Post added 11-11-2018 at 12:55 ----------

But another judge reduced it to ten.

it will be interesting to hear what these get, my opinion it should be the maximum. with no appeal.

it will be interesting to hear what these get, my opinion it should be the maximum. with no appeal.

I'd like to think so but why would it? In the Todwick case, the driver supped 13 pints, killed six, ran away and then had the arrogance to tell the court his driving wasn't impaired. If that doesn't merit the mamimum, nothing will.

The problem with this reactionary 'hang 'em and flog em' response to law and order where people are advocating the maximum sentence for most crimes is that the judiciary loses the ability to reflect the different circumstances in different cases when sentencing, and we then lose the deterrent element.

Ever heard the expression 'may as well be hanged for a lamb as a sheep'?

The problem with this reactionary 'hang 'em and flog em' response to law and order where people are advocating the maximum sentence for most crimes is that the judiciary loses the ability to reflect the different circumstances in different cases when sentencing, and we then lose the deterrent element.

the diver has taken 4 lives, my opinion is the same as Judge Alan Goldsack, QC the term for the offence is not long enough.

may as well be hanged for a lamb as a sheep'?

the term was for murder, the sentence was the same for 0ne as it was for 100

Edited by kidley

no respect for life or property,typical innocent dead and three scum bags that caused all of it in a stolen car fine,lock them up ,no trial in this case,whats the point?

If you get ****** up, kill 6 people, show sod all remorse, 15 years isn't nearly enough. Banning from driving didn't work in either - he was on his third one.

Speeding away from the coppers and killing someone needs a lot more than 10 years too - no, it's no murder, but surely it's akin to manslaughter.

If you get ****** up, kill 6 people, show sod all remorse, 15 years isn't nearly enough. Banning from driving didn't work in either - he was on his third one.

Speeding away from the coppers and killing someone needs a lot more than 10 years too - no, it's no murder, but surely it's akin to manslaughter.

Not a great fan of the “Causing death by dangerous driving” concept, as it seems

to imply that dangerous driving itself is not so bad. And as nobody expects to ever kill anyone, then harsh punishment will not act as a deterrent. By the time the causing death by dangerous driving charge is used, it is too late.

If driving recklessly causes death, then manslaughter should be the charge, in my opinion. It is the reckless behaviour that’s the issue.

using A WEAPON IN APUBLIC PLACE WHICH KILLS PEOPLE SHOULD BE MURDER !

The girl who was found guilty of deliberately driving her vehicle into my brothers in an attempt to kill herself was found guilty of manslaughter

Our prisons are overcrowded, violent, degrading and dehumanising places.

In 2016 there were 25,049 assaults, 37,784 incidents of self harm and 119 suicides.

You're talking rubbish.

Criminals assaulting other criminals. Why do you have an issue with that ?

Criminals assaulting other criminals. Why do you have an issue with that ?

That you can't work it out speaks volumes about your morals, your lack of empathy and the withered husk of a thing that passes for your humanity.

Don't be ridiculous!

There was an old woman in Devon or Cornwall I think, who killed two people on a pedestrian crossing because she had lost her glasses and didn't see them.

Should she be charged with murder? :suspect:

Of course not - read my last post

---------- Post added 11-11-2018 at 19:24 ----------

Murder, even if in caps, has to be an intent to kill. Otherwise it's manslaughter.

Obviously intent to get away at what ever cost - even if that results in killing someone. They have been ordered to stop by the law,

---------- Post added 11-11-2018 at 19:32 ----------

The girl who was found guilty of deliberately driving her vehicle into my brothers in an attempt to kill herself was found guilty of manslaughter

So sorry to hear this, your family must be devastated.