Free alternative to MS Office

I only heard of this via Zorin Help Forum a few months back so decided to investigate and it is very nice (no ads that keep popping up like in WPS Office).

This suite comprises TextMaker (for Document creation), Presentations (for some bizarre reason has an 'S' icon), and Planning (for spreadsheets).

All you need to do is to go to:

https://www.freeoffice.com/en/download

You will need to provide your email address and country location. You will then receive an unlock code to activate the Office Suite for use on first run where you also get to decide how it appears - modern or classical and special interface for touch screens which provides larger icons.

I though you were a proponent of FOSS?

Anyway, anyone considering this package will probably want to look at what they leave out of the no cost version in this comparison table.

I never understood this. You can get a legitimate Office Pro key that activates off the MS servers and you download the software from MS too for about £15. That's too much?

I never understood this. You can get a legitimate Office Pro key that activates off the MS servers and you download the software from MS too for about £15. That's too much?

ive no idea if these are dodgy, fake etc never looked too deeply into it, dont need to when the likes of open office, Libra office etc are FREE, not £15, FREE and almost perfect replicas (close enough without getting sued anyway)

ive recently struggled with publisher files ive been emailed but found an online conversion site that emails you your chosen file type (pdf, jpg etc)

Ignoring the fact that MS Office isn't available for Linux, there are reasons why someone might want to run FOSS software that aren't related to cost.

I don't get why swarfendor43 would suggest FreeOffice though. It's proprietary, the free version is limited and the full version costs more than the MS Office version you mentioned.

ive no idea if these are dodgy, fake etc never looked too deeply into it, dont need to when the likes of open office, Libra office etc are FREE, not £15, FREE and almost perfect replicas (close enough without getting sued anyway)

ive recently struggled with publisher files ive been emailed but found an online conversion site that emails you your chosen file type (pdf, jpg etc)

Free education lesson coming up.

These keys are generally NOT fake. People who make such blanket statements are ill informed. I know a lot of you lot hate the EU and have no interest in legislation. So listens to experts right? Well, the EU actually passed a law that made it legal to sell second hand / refurbished keys that are no longer being used or have been surplus to requirements. This is what you are generally buying from large companies.

Free education lesson coming up.

These keys are generally NOT fake. People who make such blanket statements are ill informed.

I know, i said i dont know, and ive not looked into it, i use the free alternatives anyway so dont need to (and i leant and passed qualifications using the real deal)

I know a lot of you lot hate the EU and have no interest in legislation.

eh? :suspect::huh::help:

There's a good chance that these keys are not genuine and are Volume License or EES keys.

Can we get back on track please?;)

Whilst my preference is for LibreOffice some people can't live without the ribbon. Whilst it is not a full package, the only advantage of a fully paid version is the ability to save word processor docs as old .doc format. Weird!

£15 more than £0 isn't it.

I use open office, does everything I need it to.

Do you have any evidence of that? I bought multiple Windows 20 Pro keys and Office 2016 Pro and Visio 2016 Pro keys that have been validated off MS activation servers. I have digitially ties them to MS accounts. Even called MS to confirm their authenticity. All ok as expected.

If you’re prepared to pay hundreds of ponds more for absolutely no reason then I suppose you have the right to being stupid.

which sellers did you use please ?

I’ve seen several on amazon and ebay, some of which look dodgy and I’d rather not risk cash purchasing a blacklisted key.

PM me if you don’t want to mention it in public.

Thanks