Page hall making headline news again - *READ #4 BEFORE COMMENTING*

Having visited a friend who lives in the area (their mum owns a house there, has owned it since the early 80's, before the Roma families moved in) - They want out asap, they paid about 70k for their house, and it's worth 35k now..

The area is a cesspit, and they would go as far as calling it a ghetto...

There are streets in the area that the police won't even go down....

There are streets in the area that the refuse collection won't run..

There are streets in the area that some delivery services refuse to serve...

some of the issue is, the house prices are so cheap (now), some families have bought rows of 3 or 4 houses together, and move in the whole clan...

We moved to Sheffield in the early 80s. My parents bought a 5 bedroom detached house in half an acre of grounds in Ecclesall for £74k. Nobody was paying £70k for houses in Page Hall then. Which, along with the posts about your claims of police no go areas, pretty much shows how much rubbish you’re talking.

That sun article even uses trumps warnings to EU about immigration. This has nothing to do with page hall, trump was talking about refugees into EU.

It says the kids picked up rubbish from the rat infested streets and threw it at her. The sun should be carefull what and how they say it. And if they go as far as this tell the whole full complete story.

Sun article says that the kids were trailing her and she got hit twice by homemade whips. These whips are more like toys and are homemade to play with, not to hurt other people. And they dont just trail people either.

That sun article is a smokescreen made to wind up english people who dont know the truth. The sun article calls them gangs of roma children. Absolutely rediculous what a joke these children may be different culturaly but they are not gangs.

There are other things in this article that show more how big a joke sheffield sun is than the culturaly different roma it talks about.

This topic is about pagehall making headline news. Well that news article we are talking about is rediculous and shows more shortcomings about the newsmakers than the immigrants it talks about. That article tries to dig as deep as possible in history garbage to be negative. It reports tiny little minor parts possibly even trying to make them sound worse failing to describe the full story what happened.

It is a huge article and every sentence is used to sound negative and blame and be nasty to a different culture.

Edited by dutch

That sun article even uses trumps warnings to EU about immigration. This has nothing to do with page hall, trump was talking about refugees into EU.

It says the kids picked up rubbish from the rat infested streets and threw it at her. The sun should be carefull what and how they say it. And if they go as far as this tell the whole full complete story.

Sun article says that the kids were trailing her and she got hit twice by homemade whips. These whips are more like toys and are homemade to play with, not to hurt other people. And they dont just trail people either.

That sun article is a smokescreen made to wind up english people who dont know the truth. The sun article calls them gangs of roma children. Absolutely rediculous what a joke these children may be different culturaly but they are not gangs.

There are other things in this article that show more how big a joke sheffield sun is than the culturaly different roma it talks about.

This topic is about pagehall making headline news. Well that news article we are talking about is a rediculous and shows more shortcomings about the newsmakers than the immigrants it talks about. That article tries to dig as deep as possible in history garbage to be negative. It reports tiny little minor parts possibly even trying to make them sound worse failing to describe the full story what happened.

It is a huge article and every sentence is used to sound negative and blame and be nasty to a different culture.

A selection of 'toy' whips seized from Roma children by SYP. Would you like to be hit with one?

A selection of 'toy' whips seized from Roma children by SYP. Would you like to be hit with one?

I will go for a walk through page hall later today like I mentioned earlier and am rather certain people dont just pick up garbage throw it at you or trail you with whips in their hands.

I have seen some roma kids play with a whip this summer and also thought it was a weird stupid thing to do. They were carefull not to hit any cars or people and did not go around trailing people.

Personally I dont support letting kids play with whips. I am not in favour of it, it looks very weird and stupid.

You leave them alone and they keep it to themselves, no need to get involved.

The sun article and your photo are trying to picture them as aggressive monsters and I have seen and spoken with some and they are strange weird different culturaly but not the monsters you or the sun are trying to picture.

Edited by dutch

We moved to Sheffield in the early 80s. My parents bought a 5 bedroom detached house in half an acre of grounds in Ecclesall for £74k. Nobody was paying £70k for houses in Page Hall then. Which, along with the posts about your claims of police no go areas, pretty much shows how much rubbish you’re talking.

Agreed, we sold a house on Willoughby Street for £20k in 1988.

I have a white friend near pagehall who owns a rental and he refused 100 roma and waited for english tenants.

He knew it would not make any money but he also knew how the invasion system works. He also reckons lots of imigrants have gone back home again.

Is that legal?

A report in The Star, October 11, said that police had confiscated whips (some with chains) from youngsters following complaints from residents.

I presume the Rumanians came under the Free Movement of People treaty?

A report in The Star, October 11, said that police had confiscated whips (some with chains) from youngsters following complaints from residents.

I presume the Rumanians came under the Free Movement of People treaty?

The people in the article are not Rumanians. They are Roma, from Slovakia. There are Roma in many parts of Europe, even in Rumania/Romania.

The people in the article are not Rumanians. They are Roma, from Slovakia. There are Roma in many parts of Europe, even in Rumania/Romania.

Yes, ought to have known!

You do realise that many white landlords own houses and rent them out plus the council and housing associations owns quite a few down there too.

The behaviour of the tenants is not the landlords responsibility just the same as councils and housing associations are not responsible for their tenants behaviour.

the majority of landlords are asian as well you know i myself know a few who have a number and are more than happy to charge £600 for house that in reality they would only get arounf £400pcm for, very few houses rented out are HA or council and the tenants are not Roma as they are not entitled to council/HA housing, the behaviour of the tenants is the landlords responsibilty.

the councils/ha take action where anti-social behaviour is perpetrated by their tenants

With regards to the house price, I can only know what I'm told by the house owner, I may have got the date wrong, but I know they said about 70k paid and its only worth about 35k now...

and as for the other things I said, i'll admit, it's only by hear-say (from people I know in and around the area)

With regards to the house price, I can only know what I'm told by the house owner, I may have got the date wrong, but I know they said about 70k paid and its only worth about 35k now...

I think you did indeed get the dates wrong :)

It's true some of the houses near Page Hall heading up towards Firth Park were changing hands at well into six-figures during the house price boom of the last decade, but have dropped considerably since then.

Many of them are now on the market for about 60% of what they were going for.

edit

Here's an example of what I mean. A decade ago, some of the small terraced houses on Hamilton Road, close to the old Firth Park Library, were going for well over £90,000. Now many are going for between £50,000 and 70,000

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-prices/S5/Hamilton-Road.html

Edited by The Joker
Added link to house prices