Manor isn't all bad!

y duz everyone think the manor area in sheffield is really bad i have lived on manor all my life n trust me theres lots of other areas that are worse!!:mad:

Welcome to the Forum Manorgirl. :)

y duz everyone think the manor area in sheffield is really bad i have lived on manor all my life n trust me theres lots of other areas that are worse!!:mad:

It is easy for someone who has never set foot in a district to down it, sure there are worse areas but The Manor does have it's problems. From being a very working class area where folk caught the bus or tram to the east end steel and engineering works it is now an area of mass unemployment.

It's soul was ripped out when most of the works closed down, you only have to look at the amount of chavs wondering about at Manor Top, jobs would solve the problems but this is hardly likely to happen.

fanx viking and you shouldnt slate something before youve been thier and tried it yeah manor has chavs n twokers but which area doesnt we aint no snobbed up area like some we just normal like wybourn woodthorpe handsworth little dale and areas like that we all the same praticalkly!!!

i live between wybourn and manor, and i have to say that it's ok, i lived at southey green before, and it was much worse than here. most people work and many houses seem to be privately owned, the people are the 'salt of the earth' and since living here i don't think i have ever had to stand up on a bus going into town, as someone always very kindly offers their seat to me and my child...i appreciate that it's not the best area (depending on what your criteria is), but it's certainly not the worse!! :)

fanx viking and you shouldnt slate something before youve been thier and tried it yeah manor has chavs n twokers but which area doesnt we aint no snobbed up area like some we just normal like wybourn woodthorpe handsworth little dale and areas like that we all the same praticalkly!!!

Again with the inverted snobbery... Sheffield's worst trait. Again, the post starts off nicely but then the chips on the shoulder appear. If it's so good, then fantastic, you enjoy yourself, but why the need to look so insecure?

i live on the wybourn and im not a tramp, drug user or any of the other horrible things usually associated with people from those kind of areas

Did you go to school on the manor?

jus wundrin cuz yr spelin meks ya snd fik

i went to school on the manor , does my spelling make me sound thick??

i went to school on the manor , does my spelling make me sound thick??

No, but you've spelt everything correctly.

Gramatically, you shouldn't have a space before your comma, but I'll put that down to a typing error! :)

You should have a capital "I", as well.

Did you go to school on the manor?

jus wundrin cuz yr spelin meks ya snd fik

I STILL AT SKOOL ON MANOR N AV U EVA ERD O TEXT TALK IT EASIER N QUICKER U MUPPET

I STILL AT SKOOL ON MANOR N AV U EVA ERD O TEXT TALK IT EASIER N QUICKER U MUPPET

Yes, I have heard of text talk. Good luck in your exams, I'm sure you'll do brilliantly at English.