Taxi knowledge test sheffield

Dear Sirs,

Humbly request you to advise with some information regarding the Taxi Knowledge Test Sheffield . The council leaflet that is still persists ambiguity. Requesting anyone who has recently attended the test to guide me on the following; You can PM me also...

1. Is it computer based exam? Or

2. Is it written exam?

3. What is the difference between "route test" and "District of Sheffield" Test?

4. Can you please provide a sample of the above both Tests?

5. I understand there are three sections of Test. Should be re appeared all those three sections again even if I passed one or two of them?

Best Wishes

Edited by malayaly
add a bit more.

It can't be that difficult a test, I've never been in a taxi that hasn't needed directing

It can't be that difficult a test, I've never been in a taxi that hasn't needed directing

That's my reason for using Uber right there. They know where you want to go and how to get there, no need to direct them, no need to pay in cash.

It is very difficult test. The mode of exam has been changed completely. Also three chance to attend the test, If fails there is no option to reappear the test in 12 months..

yes, I always assumed there is no need to have any knowledge of the roads in Sheffield based on that! Nearly every single time they need directing in my experience (maybe 1 in 10 or so does not).

That's my reason for using Uber right there. They know where you want to go and how to get there, no need to direct them, no need to pay in cash.

Don't Uber use the same drivers pool as other companies then?

I would't worry about it, driver who I got in a hackney cab with on Wednesday from station had to put postcode in sat nav for Carterknowle Road.

Is there anything in the test about how to use your indicators or what a halt sign is ?.

Or if you fail go to another county and sit their test. Get your Rossendale Council plates and legally pick up fares in Sheffield. So Sheffield think you are not right yet other counties have easier tests and rules allow you once have plates can pick up fares in another county. Network Taxis have a lot of Lancashire plate taxis.

A generalisation I know but usually I find I have to give directions to Sheffield taxi drivers. I never have to do this in London. There are ones in Sheffield with decent knowledge but these seem to be fewer and fewer.

Last night I got a taxi into town and the driver asked me which was the best way to go! Later on whilst sat in traffic I said aren't you allowed to use the bus lanes!

So in short I'd say the council needs to toughen up their test. I reckon a lot of customers get taken on longer more expensive journeys than necessary.

Edited by Jon26
Added additional para

just a thought, doesn't every driver think the route they use to get from a to b is the best way to go.