Egypt considers Burqa ban

Indeed, back to the subject at hand - what right have men to dictate what women wear?

They're actually worse because they'll ignore the law and then complain when some countries actually enforce the exisiting law and start spouting about freedom etc etc.

They are as bad.

---------- Post added 08-11-2018 at 19:22 ----------

My bold=

You do realise that some British born women choose to wear the Burka and haven’t moved to this country to show you disrespect. :rolleyes:

Your post shows the disrespect you have for a women’s right to wear a Burka imo....

They should not have chose to wear it, as there parents when they came over should not. for the reasons I have already pointed out.

Do you then go to another country and deliberatly flout thier customs ?

Indeed, back to the subject at hand - what right have men to dictate what women wear?

Indeed. What can be done about this Arab patriarchy?

Security? What threat are you suggesting burqa wearing women pose to society?

The same threat someone wearing a full face balaclava or crash helmet does. All three hide identity .

The same threat someone wearing a full face balaclava or crash helmet does. All three hide identity .

Not very much threat at all then. Thanks for clarifying that.

They are as bad.

---------- Post added 08-11-2018 at 19:22 ----------

They should not have chose to wear it, as there parents when they came over should not. for the reasons I have already pointed out.

Like, go to Spain and not have a siesta?

---------- Post added 08-11-2018 at 19:42 ----------

Nobody is worried enough to suggest banning those items though are they!

Indeed. What can be done about this Arab patriarchy?

Is that you agreeing with me that men don't have the right to tell women what to wear or not to wear?

Nuns wear similar garments in the Christian west for similar modesty reasons rooted in their faith. Do you oppose those too?

No, because they do not cover their face.

Angel1.

I do!

I went to Russia and didn't wear a big fur hat (or drink vodka!)

(I did buy my bother a litre bottle of Stolly though, as they were only £2 at Sheremetyevo duty free! ;))

Is that you agreeing with me that men don't have the right to tell women what to wear or not to wear?

So why are you against banning the Burker thing ? There is plenty of evidence showing a lot of women are forced to wear it .

So why are you against banning the Burker thing ? There is plenty of evidence showing a lot of women are forced to wear it .

If I have this right, you want to ban an item of clothing to stop women from being forced to wear it.

Isn’t that a little... logically inconsistent?