Egypt considers Burqa ban

The burqa is banned in Morocco. Getting back to Egypt, women are banned from riding bicycles.

It's strange that the same left wing losers who are always having a go at Donald Trump and accusing him of extremism are quite happy to excuse a culture where women are quite often treated as second class citizens,

And it hasn't gone unnoticed that it's seems to be right wingers, who have always opposed women's rights, who are suddenly taking an interest in them to bash another race/culture!

Alanis Morrisette would be proud of you.

Can you answer the question posed to you by Brannyy please?

Certainly. 'Walk on' girls at the darts or F1 are there simply to look nice and show off their bodies and for no other reason - they are being used as decorations, as objects to please the eye.

A woman in a burqa has decided to remove her body from the public gaze for whatever reason she chooses.

---------- Post added 08-11-2018 at 16:59 ----------

You cant get your head around 'mainstream society' TCH ? :hihi: Please tell me that's not true :huh:

Or, are you just trying to be argumentative again ?

On your point of 'nobody has to justify what they wear. There could be debate around it. But.... as I said in the previous post, it isolates the wearer from general society. Maybe that's what they want ?

How can you be accepted when nobody can see you ?

The beauty of mixing as humans, is being able to see peoples expressions as you converse with each other.

Walking around with a black cloth over your head restricts opportunities to integrate.

Isn't whether one integrates and interacts with society a matter of personal choice?

Re the bold - you're accepted as a member of this forum and nobody can see you.

Edited by Halibut

Certainly. 'Walk on' girls at the darts or F1 are there simply to look nice and show off their bodies and for no other reason - they are being used as decorations, as objects to please the eye.

A woman in a burqa has decided to remove her body from the public gaze for whatever reason she chooses.

Body covering is fair enough, we all do that in public most of the time apart from our arms and legs in tshirts and shorts, but what about their face?

As for the walk on girls. Its called glamour modelling. Do you think women should be allowed to do that?

Edited by Hots on

Its called glamour modelling. Do you think women should be allowed to do that?

Yes, just as much as women who choose to wear the burqa should be allowed to do that. How can you allow one and not the other?

---------- Post added 08-11-2018 at 17:05 ----------

Body covering is fair enough, we all do that in public most of the time apart from our arms and legs in tshirts and shorts, but what about their face?

What about it? If a woman chooses to keep it covered what right do you or anyone else have to insist that she doesn't?

I actually don't care for banning the wearing of a Burqa, but I wouldn't lose any sleep over it if it was.

I actually don't believe the lefts support for women's choice to wear the Burqa is sincere. They support it because it isn't western, it isn't Christian, it isn't British, and that to the left is a good thing, they seek the literally change the face of this country and the west in general, so anything that is alien to the west, whatever it is, is all good, the more the merrier...but as we saw on the news in that most liberal of places California last night it bit them right in the ass!

I'm of the left & your characterisation couldn't be further from the truth of where I and many other people on the left stand on the issue. It sounds like you've got your idea from a news source which seeks to disparage & mock the left wing view. That's fine, but maybe you should look to your own political ideology before belittling that of others!

---------- Post added 08-11-2018 at 17:11 ----------

And it hasn't gone unnoticed that it's seems to be right wingers, who have always opposed women's rights, who are suddenly taking an interest in them to bash another race/culture!

Quite, it's like a few years ago on here when the Rotherham scandal erupted, all these right wingers suddenly became champions for vulnerable children and young people.

How can you be accepted when nobody can see you ?

It is not compulsory to want to be accepted.

security for one? also you cannot communicate properly with someone whose face you cannot see, you cannot even know if the person under the veil is actually the person who its supposed to be.

wear it where its a normal every day cultural traditional occurrence fine but not where its not acceptable to the majority. simple you see:roll:

So you're arguing that it be illegal for me to wear a balaclava in the winter then?

---------- Post added 08-11-2018 at 17:19 ----------

well heres a few , airport check in, banks, driving test, driving offences, robbery , petrol station drive offs, schools. feel free to add more.

None of those are issues as I'm sure you're actually aware.

---------- Post added 08-11-2018 at 17:20 ----------

Well said a **** bloke escaped back to pakistan to avoid jail wearing a burka to disguise himself ... No hats no hoodies no burkas :evil:

You want to make hats illegal? Are you actually for real? :huh:

---------- Post added 08-11-2018 at 17:23 ----------

Bank robbery, Terrorism etc are all made a lot more likely when one's face is covered .

That's some of the most backwards logic I've ever heard.

Cover your face now, does it increase the chance of you robbing a bank?

Perhaps if you reverse the causality, bank robbers are more likely to cover their faces than most people... Can't argue with that.

But you know what, they've been doing that for a long time. With helmets, and thick stockings, and halloween masks and so on. I reckon that if you try hard you could even find it happening in a film, it's that ubiquitous an idea.

So how exactly would banning the burqa stop people who are ALREADY planning to rob a bank from hiding their faces?

---------- Post added 08-11-2018 at 17:24 ----------

Forcing women to wear burka is simply oppression.

You don't see the hypocrisy or irony of forcing them not to wear it?

---------- Post added 08-11-2018 at 17:26 ----------

the point is that they themselves should not want to wear it in a country where it is not the custom to wear it, because then it does become offensive which is why it shouldn't be worn in Egypt or here.

It may be the way I was brought up, i'e , to show consideration to other people.When I visit another country I respect thier customs, and even more so if I went to live there, so what I would like is for them to show the same respect to others, or do not move from your own country. As I say it is just about showing respect.

Do you really respect their customs? I bet you carry on just like you always do with little knowledge of and no particular respect for how the locals behave.

---------- Post added 08-11-2018 at 17:29 ----------

Quite correct about not wanting to integrate, but that probably originates from the male extremists from that culture that don't want them to integrate.

It's strange that the same left wing losers who are always having a go at Donald Trump and accusing him of extremism are quite happy to excuse a culture where women are quite often treated as second class citizens, told what to wear, who to mix with and marry and even sometimes mutilated in the name of that culture.

It's quite strange that the same right wing losers who are always having a go, at well, anyone different from them, minorities, people with a conscience, so on, are quite happy to have a go at another minority... In the name of freeing them of course, by forcing them to behave how they think they should.

Wait. No. It's not strange at all, it's like we could have predicted exactly who would be in favour of banning the burqa.

Where do you get the idea that I'm a right winger opposed to women's rights?

I've got a wife ,daughter, daughter in law and grand-daughters, and they've always been treated just the same as the male members of the family.

Choose what they wear, what jobs to do and choose their own partners regardless of race or religion.

I'm also not all that keen on Donald Trump as a bloke, but he was elected by the US voters. And I don't feel the same hatred for him as the left wing losers who hate everybody who's been successful.

I also voted Labour from the mid 60s until Gordon Brown became PM and they then abandoned the working class and started favouring the idle and feckless making it easy to live a good life without working.

So if that makes me a right winger, so be it.

It is not compulsory to want to be accepted.

Don't moan when nobody accepts you then.

Where do you get the idea that I'm a right winger opposed to women's rights?

I've got a wife ,daughter, daughter in law and grand-daughters, and they've always been treated just the same as the male members of the family.

Choose what they wear, what jobs to do and choose their own partners regardless of race or religion.

I'm also not all that keen on Donald Trump as a bloke, but he was elected by the US voters. And I don't feel the same hatred for him as the left wing losers who hate everybody who's been successful.

I also voted Labour from the mid 60s until Gordon Brown became PM and they then abandoned the working class and started favouring the idle and feckless making it easy to live a good life without working.

So if that makes me a right winger, so be it.

I hope you're pleased with yourself.

https://www.familiesonline.co.uk/local/south-devon/in-the-know/girl-9-begs-for-work-to-help-out-dad-waiting-for-universal-credit

At the risk of repeating myself, back on topic please.