Egypt considers Burqa ban

Well said a **** bloke escaped back to pakistan to avoid jail wearing a burka to disguise himself ... No hats no hoodies no burkas :evil:

People have committed robberies using hats and scarves, motorbike helmets, hooded tops etc so should we ban them too?

Not a fan of the Burka myself but if a woman wants to wear it then who are we to say that she cant?

https://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/Egypt-Considers-Banning-The-Burqa-As-Part-Of-Anti-Extremism-Campaign-571157

I hope they do. The Burqa is a horrible garment meant only to oppress women. The sooner its got rid of globally the world will be a better place.

Lets hope this is just the start.

Don't want to oppress women by telling them what to wear..... by banning a type of clothing and thus telling them what to wear :confused:

Don't want to oppress women by telling them what to wear..... by banning a type of clothing and thus telling them what to wear :confused:

exactly, nail on head, ITS NOT about the emancipation of women, its yet another tool to batter muslims with.

Interestingly reading the suns take on it, its apparently to fight terrorism

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7690142/egypt-burqa-ban-islamist-extremist-crackdown/

but then nowhere in the article does it give stats on how many terrorists have been caught / killed wearing a burka in the country

Security? What threat are you suggesting burqa wearing women pose to society?

Bank robbery, Terrorism etc are all made a lot more likely when one's face is covered .

Bank robbery, Terrorism etc are all made a lot more likely when one's face is covered .

I wore a balaclava as a kid and never robbed any banks or planted any bombs. I don't think any women round here who wear the burqa are suddenly going to get tooled up and start shooting up the place.

exactly, nail on head, ITS NOT about the emancipation of women, its yet another tool to batter muslims with.

Interestingly reading the suns take on it, its apparently to fight terrorism

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7690142/egypt-burqa-ban-islamist-extremist-crackdown/

but then nowhere in the article does it give stats on how many terrorists have been caught / killed wearing a burka in the country

Maybe they would catch more if burkas were banned and they couldn't hide in them:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2013/nov/04/suspect-burqa-counter-terror-restrictions

---------- Post added 08-11-2018 at 14:45 ----------

I wore a balaclava as a kid and never robbed any banks or planted any bombs. I don't think any women round here who wear the burqa are suddenly going to get tooled up and start shooting up the place.

I wouldn't want to meet anyone in balaclava in bank. Or in public spaces in general. The same applies to burkas.

I wouldn't want to meet anyone in balaclava in bank. Or in public spaces in general. The same applies to burkas.

you wouldnt want to meet anybody in a burka in a public space?? really? you really are an offensive, anti social waste of a human being :thumbsup:

ive seen, met thousands of burka clad women in shopping ares in both sheffield and middlesbrough among other places. ive even opened a door for one or two, maybe i was aiding and abetting a bank robber? unknowingly of course

---------- Post added 08-11-2018 at 14:11 ----------

Maybe they would catch more if burkas were banned and they couldn't hide in them:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2013/nov/04/suspect-burqa-counter-terror-restrictions

well done, thats the one single time where somebody has used one to evade capture, i bet he used cars to escape too? or a bus, train, plane? should these be banned too?

Edited by melthebell

Stay at home. Still a very weak reason to trample over people's human rights.

you wouldnt want to meet anybody in a burka in a public space?? really? you really are an offensive, anti social waste of a human being :thumbsup:

No, I really don't enjoy meeting masked people. Why should I?

maybe i was aiding and abetting a bank robber? unknowingly of course

Yes, it is possible and you'll never know.

---------- Post added 08-11-2018 at 14:11 ----------

well done, thats the one single time where somebody has used one to evade capture, i bet he used cars to escape too? or a bus, train, plane? should these be banned too?

I guess it's easier to identify an unmasked driver inside a car/bus/train/plane than a masked person outside of a vehicle.

---------- Post added 08-11-2018 at 15:20 ----------

Stay at home. Still a very weak reason to trample over people's human rights.

Are you suggesting restriction of my movement? Now who's trampling over human rights... :hihi:

Btw, banning masks in public spaces is common and lawful practice in many countries. National ban on burkas is already in place in France, Denmark and Austria.

Edited by Branyy

National ban on burkas is already in place in France, Denmark and Austria.

Doesnt make it morally acceptable, just as it isnt for men to force women to wear it

Doesnt make it morally acceptable, just as it isnt for men to force women to wear it

Forcing women to wear burka is simply oppression.

Banning burkas (face covers in general) is backed up by valid reasons, some of theme already presented here.

You can have your opinion on morality, I'm not taking it from you. But that's just your opinion and I don't see right now why it should be above the practical implications of the ban.

Forcing women to wear burka is simply oppression.

Banning burkas (face covers in general) is backed up by valid reasons, some of theme already presented here.

You can have your opinion on morality, I'm not taking it from you. But that's just your opinion and I don't see right now why it should be above the practical implications of the ban.

forcing women NOT to wear it is oppression...oh the irony