Egypt considers Burqa ban

If I have this right, you want to ban an item of clothing to stop women from being forced to wear it.

Isn’t that a little... logically inconsistent?

I wouldn't take much notice pal, the general consensus is he's off his rocker.

Because Christianity has a lot to say about how the law should dictate how women should be allowed to dress...

Where does it say that?

Where does it say that?

Read the context of the post. :roll:

Read the context of the post. :roll:

I've read it and I haven't a clue what you're referring to.

Christianity doesn't dictate what women should wear.

If the post was about the UK, a predominatly Christian Country, my view would be very different. Sorry to say.

You read it, but you didn't see how my comment was related to the very post that I quoted. Right here where it mentions predominantly Christian Country... You can't see that link? :huh:

There are times when face coverings can make communication difficult. As someone with a hearing problem I pick up a lot by facial expression. So far I haven't come across a professional woman wearing one, but I can imagine a teacher, doctor, nurse or anyone in a customer facing role having issues with being understood. If the person has no need to interact then I see no problems, as long as its the choice of the wearer.

I agree with that, face to face communication is necessary in those professions you mention.

---------- Post added 09-11-2018 at 08:23 ----------

You read it, but you on didn't see how my comment was related to the very post that I quoted. Right here where it mentions predominantly Christian Country... You can't see that link? :huh:

I still don't get the connection, perhaps you should have expressed yourself more clearly..

His view would be different if it were a Christian country. Meaning he would agree with a ban if it were in a Christian country.

Now, AFAIK, Christianity doesn't have a section on "how women should dress". So why his opinion would be different I don't really see.

So, in the vernacular style known as sarcasm, I replied "Because Christianity has a lot to say about how the law should dictate how women should be allowed to dress..."

You apparently failed to appreciate the obvious sarcasm, because we all know that Christianity doesn't do that.

And now I've had to explain it to you in tedious detail when it really wasn't that interesting.

So why are you against banning the Burker thing ? There is plenty of evidence showing a lot of women are forced to wear it .

I haven't seen any - but even if we accept that assertion here is also plenty of evidence that a lot of women choose to wear it. So which side of the fence are you on?

Respecting women's right to dress as they choose, or siding with the men who force women to do what men want?

Come on, try and give a straight answer to that one. If you have the bottle.

So you're arguing that it be illegal for me to wear a balaclava in the winter then?

---------- Post added 08-11-2018 at 17:19 ----------

None of those are issues as I'm sure you're actually aware.

---------- Post added 08-11-2018 at 17:20 ----------

You want to make hats illegal? Are you actually for real? :huh:

---------- Post added 08-11-2018 at 17:23 ----------

That's some of the most backwards logic I've ever heard.

Cover your face now, does it increase the chance of you robbing a bank?

Perhaps if you reverse the causality, bank robbers are more likely to cover their faces than most people... Can't argue with that.

But you know what, they've been doing that for a long time. With helmets, and thick stockings, and halloween masks and so on. I reckon that if you try hard you could even find it happening in a film, it's that ubiquitous an idea.

So how exactly would banning the burqa stop people who are ALREADY planning to rob a bank from hiding their faces?

---------- Post added 08-11-2018 at 17:24 ----------

You don't see the hypocrisy or irony of forcing them not to wear it?

---------- Post added 08-11-2018 at 17:26 ----------

Do you really respect their customs? I bet you carry on just like you always do with little knowledge of and no particular respect for how the locals behave.

---------- Post added 08-11-2018 at 17:29 ----------

It's quite strange that the same right wing losers who are always having a go, at well, anyone different from them, minorities, people with a conscience, so on, are quite happy to have a go at another minority... In the name of freeing them of course, by forcing them to behave how they think they should.

Wait. No. It's not strange at all, it's like we could have predicted exactly who would be in favour of banning the burqa.

Of course I really respect thier customs, otherwise I wouldn't go.

So you have the siesta, you wear the fur hat, you drink the vodka.

When in Yorkshire (so right now I suppose) you wear a flat cap, you drink Tetleys, you work down a mine and own a whippet?

Perhaps I'm unusual, but when I go abroad I take clothes that I already own, I eat things that I'm comfortable eating, I behave pretty much like I do at home.

Obviously I wouldn't knowingly break the law anywhere I go, but I don't try to look and act like a local either.

Nobody is worried enough to suggest banning those items though are they!

If you were to walk into a bank or a supermarket wearing a motorcycle helmet of full face balaclava you'd probably come under attention of security.

Quite correct about not wanting to integrate, but that probably originates from the male extremists from that culture that don't want them to integrate.

It's strange that the same left wing losers who are always having a go at Donald Trump and accusing him of extremism are quite happy to excuse a culture where women are quite often treated as second class citizens, told what to wear, who to mix with and marry and even sometimes mutilated in the name of that culture.

Not all left wingers, since the failure of the miners strike, retreat of most working class from the left, etc, there seems to have been a growth of a particular middle class left who see nearly all politics through the prism of identity politics, seem to be prepared to do moral somersaults to shore up their entrenched ideological positions, anti-imperialism, endorse complete open borders, etc.

Edited by gamezone07