Egypt considers Burqa ban

Its the blokes in long frocks that puzzle me ,I mean on a cold December day who would be daft enough to walk about with the wind in the willows.

They're called priests and they've been around for nearly 2 thousand years.

Her indoors just asked, are these all men pontificating on here? Then she rolled her eyes at me like it's my fault you lot insist on commenting on women's stuff.

Like this :rolleyes: just passing it on. :help:

Her indoors just asked, are these all men pontificating on here? Then she rolled her eyes at me like it's my fault you lot insist on commenting on women's stuff.

Like this :rolleyes: just passing it on. :help:

Tell her yes they mostly are - all the female feminists cleared off years ago, having got fed up the abuse from the stone age meatheads who still dominate the pages here.

Never mind Arab patriarchy or walk on girls, why should women who choose to wear it not be allowed to wear it?

Nice swerve. You should be a politician .

I am not very good on overseas events, but I assume Egypt is a follower of the Muslim Faith, if so I see no reason for them banning of the garment.

If the post was about the UK, a predominatly Christian Country, my view would be very different. Sorry to say.

Angel1.

I am not very good on overseas events, but I assume Egypt is a follower of the Muslim Faith, if so I see no reason for them banning of the garment.

If the post was about the UK, a predominatly Christian Country, my view would be very different. Sorry to say.

Angel1.

Nuns wear similar garments in the Christian west for similar modesty reasons rooted in their faith. Do you oppose those too?

Nuns wear similar garments in the Christian west for similar modesty reasons rooted in their faith. Do you oppose those too?

Nuns wear burqas? Since when? They've not even worn habits for forty years at least. I went to a convent prep school, the nuns wore black dresses or a business suit, with a short veil on a band over their heads.

I think some of you are living in the past, tbh.

why shouldn't they ban it if they want to?

I never cease to be amazed by the desperate straw clutching when people try to defend the indefensible.

I never cease to be amazed by the desperate straw clutching when people try to defend the indefensible.

What is indefensible about a choice of clothing?

What is indefensible about a choice of clothing?

Is it a choice?

Is it a choice?

Not if it is banned by law