Egypt considers Burqa ban

https://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/Egypt-Considers-Banning-The-Burqa-As-Part-Of-Anti-Extremism-Campaign-571157

I hope they do. The Burqa is a horrible garment meant only to oppress women. The sooner its got rid of globally the world will be a better place.

Lets hope this is just the start.

Isn't it good that you can say things that are completely untrue.

Sigh . here we go again. The same tired nonsense, borne of fear but masquerading as forcefulness, from the OP.

Sigh . here we go again. The same tired nonsense, borne of fear but masquerading as forcefulness, from the OP.

You misunderstand me. Im not fearful of the burqa.

Im not fearful of Islam.

Im not fearful of Muslims.

If I was I wouldnt live a few yards from Tinsley now would I.

https://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/Egypt-Considers-Banning-The-Burqa-As-Part-Of-Anti-Extremism-Campaign-571157

I hope they do. The Burqa is a horrible garment meant only to oppress women. The sooner its got rid of globally the world will be a better place.

Lets hope this is just the start.

i disagree, in a predominantly Muslim country if the Bhurka is what they want then thats just fine, their country their laws, its when they bring those traditions to these shores and other predominantly christian countries that i have a problem.

as for oppressing women yes here that maybe true but other places not so, having just returned from Dubai the Burka is worn pretty much everywhere and nobody blinks and eye and its almost a fashion statement.

Im not fearful of Islam.

I really don't know what all the fuss is about. Outside of Saudi Arabia and UAE women wearing them are virtually non-existent . . . and even in those places, the practice is dying out.

When the French were looking at banning it there a while go, a study by their own intelligence service found it would apply to around 350 people, which was 0.01% of the Muslim population there and 0.00058% of the entire French population.

And yet the likes of EDL and the far-right portray it as some kind of dangerous epidemic. I spend most evenings with a bunch of muslim guys, all of whom comply with their faith by fasting, not drinking and paying takrit every there. They laugh at the ridiculous obsession people have with the burqa. It's a non-issue.

---------- Post added 07-11-2018 at 17:10 ----------

i disagree, in a predominantly Muslim country if the Bhurka is what they want then thats just fine, their country their laws, its when they bring those traditions to these shores and other predominantly christian countries that i have a problem.

as for oppressing women yes here that maybe true but other places not so, having just returned from Dubai the Burka is worn pretty much everywhere and nobody blinks and eye and its almost a fashion statement.

Predominantly christian country? How is other people observing their culture and tradition affecting your ability to observe your own?

If you go on holiday to Dubai, do you leave your UK traditions and dress code at home and dress like locals, or do you take them with you?

Im not fearful of Islam.

If you weren't fearful you wouldn't seek to impose your will on others, or applaud those that try.

Why should women not be allowed to wear them in your view?

---------- Post added 07-11-2018 at 17:24 ----------

What's the nature of your problem exactly?

If you weren't fearful you wouldn't seek to impose your will on others, or applaud those that try.

You give succour to Arab patriarchy and dress it up as women's freedom.

Curious how the likes of you don't seem to want western women to have the freedom to be walk on girls.

---------- Post added 07-11-2018 at 17:24 ----------

What's the nature of your problem exactly?

Its the blokes in long frocks that puzzle me ,I mean on a cold December day who would be daft enough to walk about with the wind in the willows.

Curious how the likes of you don't seem to want western women to have the freedom to be walk on girls.

:hihi::hihi:

Never mind Arab patriarchy or walk on girls, why should women who choose to wear it not be allowed to wear it?

Never mind Arab patriarchy or walk on girls, why should women who choose to wear it not be allowed to wear it?

:hihi::hihi: