Support Menzie Yere

Sheffield......would be a poorer place without people like him and his family.

The Eagles Star and all round decent family guy, needs a bit of

Support.

Looks like just giving might have problems, took me a few attempts to open the link and donate.

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/menzieyere?utm_id=66&utm_term=pk7dmRkAa

Source story https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/menzie-yere-and-family-facing-deportation-from-uk/

Edited by steve68
Highlight Issues on just giving link

Trying to deport someone who has made himself part of the community and paid his taxes. Sad sad .....

Trying to deport someone who has made himself part of the community and paid his taxes. Sad sad .....

I agree you have spice addicts and other druggies frequenting our city causing problems yet this guy contributes to our community and they want to get rid.

I might be missing something, but this bit:

“The club has supported Menzie and his family over those years with housing, financial assistance, numerous visa applications & much more.

Sounds like he's not able to fully support himself here?

I might be missing something, but this bit:

Sounds like he's not able to fully support himself here?

Sheffield Eagles is not a Superleague team and therefore many of the players are at best semi-professional and many also have a full or part time job. Rugby league is not rolling in cash like football, and even marquee players in the Superleague (for which there is a special rule on pay, up to 2 players per team) will be earning well under what you think they would be getting, for putting their bodies on the line for up to 20 years for other people to be entertained.

Even some of the real stars of rugby league, people like Chris Hill from Warrington and Ryan Hall, who is England's highest try scorer of all time, have other careers lined up for when they retire from playing, because they know that they won't be able to live off the earnings from their playing career for long. Apparently if you need a plumbing job doing in the Warrington area, you too can be stunned when Chris Hill turns up in the evening to quote for the job!

I'd love to say that Menzie Yere is going to be able to stay in the UK, but history says that this is outside of the ability of anybody donating money to affect. As far as I understand it, the risk of deportation only really applies in this instance if Mr Yere doesn't apply and get granted permanent resident status by the end of next month.

Look, his Visa has an expiration date, it's due to expire, so back to PNG he goes. It's hardly returning to a war torn country is it?

Can't just keep extending Visas because he's an alleged 'nice guy'

Look, his Visa has an expiration date, it's due to expire, so back to PNG he goes. It's hardly returning to a war torn country is it?

-------------------------------------------------------

Edited by woodmally

Obviously you have never been to P.N.G. Otherwise you would not make that statement.

Obviously you have never been to P.N.G. Otherwise you would not make that statement.

Obviously you have been, so what awful fate awaits the Yere family when they return to their homeland?

Well said.

Why would we want to kick out a guy who has made such a positive contribution to the city?

We can extend visas as much as we like. Keeping nice, constructive members of society should be just the kind of thing that we do, as a matter of course.

Why would we want to kick out a guy who has made such a positive contribution to the city?

We can extend visas as much as we like. Keeping nice, constructive members of society should be just the kind of thing that we do, as a matter of course.

Well everytime I have seen him in Hillsborough and his family, I have not once seen him talk to any member of the local community or make a positive contribution towards anything I'm involved in.

Just where is this positive contribution?