Attaching another Word file to first Word file

Hi everyone. I want to attach another Word file to the end of a main Word file. Advisers on the net tell me to mark the main file text where I want to add the second file, press INSERT on the main file, then press OBJECT or FILE and finish. This should insert the second file where I indicated. I have Windows 10 and my problem is that there is neither an OBJECT nor a FILE box to click. What should I do?

When you say insert it, do you mean you want the text from the other document, at the end of the first?

If that's the case, just open the other document, CTRL+A (select all), then CTRL+C (copy) - then go to the first document, place the cursor at the position you want the text, and press CTRL+V (paste)

If you want it 'insert' as an attachment, you can usually just drag and drop it onto the document, then put it where you want...

This is the article that refers to OBJECT and FILE:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/2665750/how-to-merge-multiple-word-documents-into-one

Note it says: Applies to: Microsoft Word 2010 Office Word 2007

If you're googling "merge two word documents" then add "office xxxx" to the search term - where xxxx is the version of Word you're using.

By 'press' Insert I think it should be 'select' Insert tab. If so, you'll find the Object drop down over on the right.

Thanks everyone. I'll give your suggestions a try and let you know.

---------- Post added 05-11-2018 at 12:23 ----------

Me again. I tried Ghozer's suggestion and it sort of started to work ok at first but when I pressed CNTRL + V nothing happened. However it gave me the prompt I needed and I did the whole thing again using the mouse alone (mark, copy, open other document, point and paste) for the entire copy and paste routine and that worked fine. The documents I need to add to the main one are only each one page long but there are a lot of them, each one filed under a different title. You have all helped me solve my problem. Thank you.

Edited by woolyhead

For future reference if you'd used the method I described you could have selected multiple files and done the whole operation in one go.