Demo/Protest on Abbeydale road?

Anyone know what the demo/march/protest currently blocking London/Abbeydale Road?

Edited by Misty 8T

Havent a clue. Asked a friend who lives down that way and she suggested lantern festival but I thought that was cancelled. Any indication on what is said on the banners.

Day of Ashura so I'm told.

Not a demo or protest, a Shia commemoration of one of their martyrs

*edit* just googled this and looks like I was told wrong

Edited by Squiggs

Here you go, copied from =68.ARB9_UD3ZXOOrIcoWhvuKb-FHiUBTfi4oadoNxUIpXKZQDUNbcmtUl-DVAflqyksdWUXcQ3GQrWHPpmPJZ9lw4aQVUg0gnBRxWo1dPUg-glc_Wt_c_TbFVIDF73QNN8Gu_ttauKBRONDZlzvugNbrJ7WNtYZIeUjpfgDmrAVdA9LrGTCkDgX5CrQtsOh7k9tmq_Ebh2aEGGr_c8jXjsT__c"]Sheffield West NHP's Facebook post;

Sheffield West NHP

Hi there, I just wanted to say thank you for your help yesterday. We supported an annual event called Matmi Jaloos in Sharrow. This was a religious march which took some time to pass through including blocking some parts of Abbeydale Road around 3pm. It was great to see how supportive people were in waiting, slowing down, giving us plenty of room so that the march passed safely for everyone. The type of work we love doing and it made me proud to come from South Yorkshire the way people behaved.

Thank you- Inspector Fitzgibbons

I am slightly annoyed this wasnt very well promoted by the council or other bodies. I couldnt find anything online about it when the post went up. We should be respectful of other cultures and traditions people are curious. At least we know.

Why didnt they mention it earlier. They are quick to point out when there is something bad happening in the world but a celebration they seem to ignore.

Why allow religious marches ? ban them all.Blocking a busy road for what reason.

Why allow religious marches ? ban them all.Blocking a busy road for what reason.

We allowed them scumbags from the EDL to constantly march in Rotherham every Saturday disrupting decent people shopping so why not allow a peaceful religious march that lasted a couple of hours.

This is the one with the half naked blokes chanting and hitting themselves? I've seen it in London, if its the one I'm thinking of. Not a pretty sight, if so. :huh: