Connecting pc to lounge tv

hi, i was wondering if or how i can do the following

i have my computer in the dining room (back) and i would like to connect the computer to my tv in the lounge (front room), is there any way i can do this without having to use a cable any help would be very much appreciated

Hi, what purpose to connect tv from pc?

its something that my wants and its mainly to watch films

Without cables, there are a few ways you can do it...

Firstly though, we need to know the make and model of your TV, and Computer, as some methods require a Smart TV, and a certain specification TV, while others might require an external dongle or something else...

hi the computer is a HP PRO 3305 SERIES MT and the tv is a bush DLED49287FHD

Try a Chromecast device...plugs into the tv, and gets signals from the computer. You may need a router booster too....

any other devices apart from a chromecast

ok, Looking at your TV, it says it is a Smart TV, but it's only basic 'smart' TV capability, some have the ability to play media over a network (DLNA), but it doesn't seem like your TV has that capability..

One option, if it's just for watching things, your TV supports playback from USB, so you could purchase something like a 16GB or 32GB USB Memory Stick, put things you want to watch on that on the computer, plug it into the TV and watch....

If this is too much messing around, then you would be looking at something like the Roku Express, they are around £30, and requires plugging into your TV and connecting to your WiFi..

This will allow you to stream things from the computer, to the TV via WiFi...

I cannot garuntee how the performance will be however, as your computer is quite low specification for streaming, and could potentially cause a reduction in quality of the stream, but you cannot know really, without trying it...

thats great, i have a M8 4k TVO Box would this be any good to link up with my pc as its also built in wifi

any other devices apart from a chromecast

Sorry, not a clue.

ok no problem you have been a great help smithy266 its really appreciated

thats great, i have a M8 4k TVO Box would this be any good to link up with my pc as its also built in wifi

You should be able to do it with that, it partly depends on how your PC is set up too...

Basically, There's two potential ways this could work, as I don't have an M8 box, I cannot test which would be the best, and which is best supported, but...

The simplest way, you create a shared folder on your computer, and put anything you want to be able to access from the M8 Box, in this folder... Then somewhere on the M8 box, you should be able to view network shares, and just read them directly from there, and the M8 box would do most of the work... - however, this depends on the M8 box supporting this method, which i'm not sure as I said...

The other option is to set up what's called DLNA, You can use Windows own built in media streaming server, which is set up via Windows MediaPlayer, or via Network and Sharing Center - varies slightly from each version of Windows. (which version are you running?)

or you can use some 3rd party software, such as "Universal Media Server" or "Plex" - You configure these to read the files on your computer, and when something requests to watch something, your computer basically encodes it, and streams it to your M8 box... (I know the M8 supports DLNA) (Note: The quality and capability of this can be affected by your PC's capability / specification)