Sheffield utd v sheffield wed

I think the Blades have a good shot at automatic promotion given their position now, not saying they will stay in the top two but as everyone is aware that whoever is on the top six roundabout has a chance and Cardiff 'sneaked' into second place at the very end of last season. You forgot Leeds (sorry) and if Middlesbrough can somehow recall where the opposiiton's net is, then them also (sorry Mooks). As for my team, No not this season.

It will come bud were still there thats the main thing if we get a decent front man in january think we might be right up there.

One thing l do know l cant see utd if they go up stay there they will struggle just like cardiff are now might be wrong..But the experience is the key everyone deserves to see the big boys come to town..

Got two bets for friday..

Utd win 3-2

Or 2-2

Think the blades may put the knife in deeper to poor ol Jos ..

It will come bud were still there thats the main thing if we get a decent front man in january think we might be right up there.

One thing l do know l cant see utd if they go up stay there they will struggle just like cardiff are now might be wrong..But the experience is the key everyone deserves to see the big boys come to town..

Got two bets for friday..

Utd win 3-2

Or 2-2 bacl

Think the blades may put the knife in deeper to poor ol Jos ..

From what I read from Cardiff supporters was that the club had resigned themselves to being relegated from the Premier even before a ball had been kicked and thus spent very little in transfers. They said that when relegated to the Championship they would use the parachute money to rebuild the team and come back stronger. For me, it's an odd way of looking at things (worked for Burnley but not for Hull). Perhaps the Blades have similar intentions but who knows.

Edited by St Petre
add

My views are fairly neutral but with leanings towards the Owls, from what I’ve seen this season United will be out of the traps and snapping at Wednesday’s heels from the first whistle, SW’s defence is absolutely creaking at the moment and confidence in the camp will be low, the Owls have been better in the first half of games but have caved after conceding a goal, if United go in front early doors it could be a spanking to rival (or better) 1979, I think a draw is the very best the Owls can expect sadly.

I was just about to post the same thing Brooker, I"m a supporter of Sheffield football and would love to see either team in the Prem, at the moment it looks like blades have the best chance. my early season predictions was ...blades to struggle at the foot of the table, and owls to make the play offs, possibly automatic promotion..OOPS… as for Fridays match expect Wilder to throw caution to the wind and throw everyone forward, put that terrible goalie Dawson under pressure, and ex pose Owls defensive frailties .. I"m a blade for this one simply because we need the 3 pts to keep the pressure on.

There is only 3 points at stake and the team on the night who goes all out for them will get them Please no 0-0 wins lets see some goals

May the best team on the night win

Utb

Wednesday are suffering from virgin chairman syndrome :hihi: hope DC has learned from the trust he put in CC and his purchases,especially Rhodes.

The consequences will run deep not just this season,but beyond as well.

Fridays game will see our neighbours start firm favorites,in form,with a squad thats fit for purpose while we have no room for manouvre in the transfer market throwing in untested kids on a run of 4 straight defeats and a fanbase thats divided with the rift getting larger with each defeat.

Unless Wednesday spring a few suprises selection wise,can only see another tough night for JL.

Sorry padders but not sure why you think Dawson is terrible, he has done well enough but can't expect miracles with the defence he has in front of him. I would still like Westwood brought back in though. Also I'm not sure how match fit he is but if possible I'd bring Hutchinson back in to give the midfield abit more bite or even bk as a cb.

Not sure how the game will go, expect a defeat but who knows with a derby, there will be a few blades with egg on face if we even draw the way they've been boasting:)

There is only 3 points at stake and the team on the night who goes all out for them will get them Please no 0-0 wins lets see some goals

May the best team on the night win

Utb

Were you happy with the 0-0 last season?

Sorry padders but not sure why you think Dawson is terrible, he has done well enough but can't expect miracles with the defence he has in front of him. I would still like Westwood brought back in though. Also I'm not sure how match fit he is but if possible I'd bring Hutchinson back in to give the midfield abit more bite or even bk as a cb.

Not sure how the game will go, expect a defeat but who knows with a derby, there will be a few blades with egg on face if we even draw the way they've been boasting:)

Sorry, he"s not terrible... but when Hots said he was"nt happy with him, I paid particular attention to him.. I find he flaps a lot when under pressure, does"nt command his area with any confidence.

Reverse psychology is the new tactic being used by old smiler in his interview todays Star.

He states that United are not favourites, although this time he has refrained from saying that the Owls have multi million signings (maybe due to five members of the youth team being regulars this season..

Amazing how differently things have gone for both teams over the last year or so.

Just over a year ago, before the first derby Wednesday were favourites. Many Wednesday fans thought they were far superior, and would have too much quality for us.

The Blades won 4-2.

Then, in January for the game at the Lane, due to their many injuries, a 0-0 draw was seen as a triumph.

A year on, and Wednesday fans are predicting a pummelling.

I reckon it'll be tight. It's not like we're playing a Sunday League side, Wednesday have Championship standard players, and are only relatively dire, there are worse teams in this division.

Amazing how differently things have gone for both teams over the last year or so.

Just over a year ago, before the first derby Wednesday were favourites. Many Wednesday fans thought they were far superior, and would have too much quality for us.

The Blades won 4-2.

Then, in January for the game at the Lane, due to their many injuries, a 0-0 draw was seen as a triumph.

A year on, and Wednesday fans are predicting a pummelling.

I reckon it'll be tight. It's not like we're playing a Sunday League side, Wednesday have Championship standard players, and are only relatively dire, there are worse teams in this division.

Were you happy with the 0-0 draw last season?