Sheffield utd v sheffield wed

I have been to the remembrance parade this morning and got talking to a young lady copper.

She told me that she has never been as frightened in her life as she was before and after the match on Friday.

She tried to arrest a fan??? for abusive behaviour and ended wrestling with him on the floor, she was then surrounded by a baying mob who tried to free the <removed> the mounted police had to charge in to rescue her, After the match in the Aldi car park she says that so called football supporters were firing rockets at the cops and each other .

What a shambles Sheffield football has become when hatred can lead to grown men attacking young lass cops as well as each other.

Edited by nikki-red

well I think ponies are more desirable than a donkey.

Not on a beach they aren't :hihi:

I have been to the remembrance parade this morning and got talking to a young lady copper.

She told me that she has never been as frightened in her life as she was before and after the match on Friday.

She tried to arrest a fan??? for abusive behaviour and ended wrestling with him on the floor, she was then surrounded by a baying mob who tried to free the tw-t ,the mounted police had to charge in to rescue her, After the match in the Aldi car park she says that so called football supporters were firing rockets at the cops and each other .

What a shambles Sheffield football has become when hatred can lead to grown men attacking young lass cops as well as each other.

Not just Sheffield football mate .They are like angels compared to some clubs Millwall and Leeds come to mind but you are right of course having just one idiot is one to many All clubs have them and unfortunately Sheff clubs are not immune but it is not just a football thing when you look at all the murders that are occuring in the cities it is a social problem.Some blame violent cartoons like Tom @ Jerry and Popeye (God knows why it never effected us)Others blame a lack of discipline what ever it is I think Football is a victim not the cause.Surely you can not Blame football for a moron taking the micky out of a poor two day old dying child,it has to be the individual them selves who must be sick not the club or it's other supporters.It is very easy to tar every football fan with the same brush the vast majority feel just as you do about the sickos .

My take on last night - United play a high up the pitch pressing game which is effective but to be totally successful needs really top class strikers. The Owls have just come of the back of an awful four game run, conceded a lot of goals and needed to stop the rot by not losing, a lot of United fans that I know have been quite smug at the prospect of the game and how many they would get, Owls have been largely dreading the game going into it in such poor form. They were never going to roll over, let united play "their game" and lose by some margin. Don't forget the owls are devoid of pace and guile up front due to injury and poor form from Joao.

United had all the play, with some good passing and clever movement but never really pressured Dawson (a local lad) in the Owls net, I didn't think the incident which led to it was a penalty and justice was done with a great save from the youngster.

Best chance of the game fell to Fox who fluffed his lines two yards out.

United had most of the second half possession but seemed even less of a goal scoring threat this half, the game petered out to a 0-0, Matias gave the Owls an outlet and perhaps could have been brought on earlier.

The game highlighted the need for United to splash out on better forwards and gives the Owls something to build on defensive wise and will have given the keeper the confidence boost he perhaps needed with a MOTM performance.

Something to build on defensive wise!?, yes I guess any team would have with ten men at the back!?

She tried to arrest a fan??? for abusive behaviour and ended wrestling with him on the floor, she was then surrounded by a baying mob who tried to free the <removed> the mounted police had to charge in to rescue her, After the match in the Aldi car park she says that so called football supporters were firing rockets at the cops and each other .

On Friday night, Wednesday were held back 10 minutes. We came out of John St and were ALL diverted down John St towards Shoreham St. We were heading for West St. Diversion took about about 10 minutes in the crowds. Perfect for bumping in to Wednesday fans on West St. SYP make their own problems.

we needed a top goal scorer on fri for swfc,rhodes scored his 8th of the season saturday,but the manager loans him out,another mistake

On Friday night, Wednesday were held back 10 minutes. We came out of John St and were ALL diverted down John St towards Shoreham St. We were heading for West St. Diversion took about about 10 minutes in the crowds. Perfect for bumping in to Wednesday fans on West St. SYP make their own problems.

Well said, they tell visiting fans they're holding em 10 minutes and by the time we clear the concourse and head into bramall lane they've released em!

Something to build on defensive wise!?, yes I guess any team would have with ten men at the back!?

I won't rise to the obvious, the clean sheet will have given the keeper (who had a great game) and the defence a boost after a torrid few weeks, the manager achieved his aim of not losing the game however that comes about, get the likes of FF, Matias, Winnall back and it eases the pressure defensively. I tend to look at the bigger picture not one game.

It never makes sense to me this (not just for this match, but all of them) Surely it would be better to hold the home fans back, much easier to get the minority away from the area quickly rather than the majority?

It never makes sense to me this (not just for this match, but all of them) Surely it would be better to hold the home fans back, much easier to get the minority away from the area quickly rather than the majority?

It's never been done like that anywhere I don't think. It would make sense but the majority would resent being held back for the minority. I was held back for 25 minutes once, somewhere or other.

If Wednesday concede early, it could eclipse the boxing day massacre.

Always the chance that Reach could pop up with a 30 yarder, but I just can't see Wednesday keeping a clean sheet OR scoring more than 1

Gotta take whats coming to us, it'll be our turn again in the next 10 years....

Just who's side were you on pre-game :huh:

I have just realised that Wednesday had five academy youngsters in their team of big hitters .While their real big hitters were still sat in the stands that is.

How many of Uniteds famous academy was there outon the pitch.

Edited by Albert smith