Sheffield utd v sheffield wed

I have just realised that Wednesday had five academy youngsters in their team of big hitters .While their real big hitters were still sat in the stands that is.

How many of Uniteds famous academy was there outon the pitch.

Billy Sharp ? But they've sold him about 5 times

Good result for Wednesday, battered in terms of possession but not really opened up other than the pen & Sharp's header.

And the strange fixation with the opposition budget continues

I have just realised that Wednesday had five academy youngsters in their team of big hitters .While their real big hitters were still sat in the stands that is.

keep up Albert, it's Monday now

I won't rise to the obvious, the clean sheet will have given the keeper (who had a great game) and the defence a boost after a torrid few weeks, the manager achieved his aim of not losing the game however that comes about, get the likes of FF, Matias, Winnall back and it eases the pressure defensively. I tend to look at the bigger picture not one game.

maybe but you never even tried I applaud a team that gets Wigan lost 4_2 but least they attacked strange but the Norwich result changed his plans and you were happy with a 0_0 even villa attacked more and got hammered 4_1 any Wednesday fan that though Wednesday were good is deluded .You papered over the cracks bannan reach looks disinteresterd.

In light of the Owls fans ,over reaction to a 0-0 draw, and the views of most Owls last week wanting a change in Management and change of a goal keeper.

Has the 0-0 result saved Jos AND now changed your view on the position of keeper?

Despite being out played, can a 0-0 really change ones views so much?

Shocking isn't it how poor the Wednesday squad is now, after all the money spent.

maybe but you never even tried I applaud a team that gets Wigan lost 4_2 but least they attacked strange but the Norwich result changed his plans and you were happy with a 0_0 even villa attacked more and got hammered 4_1 any Wednesday fan that though Wednesday were good is deluded .You papered over the cracks bannan reach looks disinteresterd.

Sorry we'll roll over and let you win 5-0 next time.

Bannan & Reach are two players who I cannot accuse of being disinterested, the tactics in this game passed them by. I don't think it papered over any cracks, we looked reasonable before the last International break and fell apart in the four games prior to the derby, Friday was a chance to avoid defeat against a team that play on the front foot, get a much needed clean sheet and move on. If the game has given the defence confidence and we can start to get some forward players back from injury the match will have been far more precious than the one point it gleaned.

Fair play to united by they need more guile upfront to really make they're style of play count over a season, it wasn't as effective in the second half of the game.

Only player i noticed of any note on the Owls side was the number 9, Fletcher.. put in the effort but no real danger.

In light of the Owls fans ,over reaction to a 0-0 draw, and the views of most Owls last week wanting a change in Management and change of a goal keeper.

Has the 0-0 result saved Jos AND now changed your view on the position of keeper?

Despite being out played, can a 0-0 really change ones views so much?

are united fans really that stubborn? or stupid?

I for one have tried to explain NOBODY wanted Dawson to be dropped, as for Jos, this result means nothing, i didnt fancy Jos coming in, i wasnt happy with things after he came in, im certainly not happy now (BUT it goes deeper than Jos i believe) why arent we STILL (for the best part of 2 years) not playing half of our 1st team?

As for the result...like i have already said the result wasnt a "good" result, but its work in progress, we stopped the rot, we were letting i so many goals per match it needed to be stopped...it was

---------- Post added 12-11-2018 at 14:58 ----------

Shocking isn't it how poor the Wednesday squad is now, after all the money spent.

yup since half of em arent playing, and we are playing the younguns

I for one have tried to explain NOBODY wanted Dawson to be dropped, as for Jos, this result means nothing, i didnt fancy Jos coming in, i wasnt happy with things after he came in, im certainly not happy now (BUT it goes deeper than Jos i believe) why arent we STILL (for the best part of 2 years) not playing half of our 1st team?

As for the result...like i have already said the result wasnt a "good" result, but its work in progress, we stopped the rot, we were letting i so many goals per match it needed to be stopped...it was

Hmmm... :huh:

... can anyone please tell me how long this excuse of not playing the "first team" is going to go on?

We're nearly half way through the season now and yet these "young uns" are still apparently not "first team" players.

It must do their confidence a world of good if they happen to read this sort of rubbish posted by so-called "fans"... :roll:

Oh no, I said squad. Even at full strength, which never seems to happen due to 'injuries', it's still a mid table squad at best.

Billy Sharp ? But they've sold him about 5 times

Good result for Wednesday, battered in terms of possession but not really opened up other than the pen & Sharp's header.

And the strange fixation with the opposition budget continues

Just to add a quick post here.The owls had lost the last four games and as such a point does steady the ship.sufc controlled the game and failed to score,swfc defended and had very little going forward.Result a draw.Now mr wilder made comments regarding the owls squad ete ete which for me were a bit odd???.Firstly the so called big earners wernt in the team ete which if I was him would have been a bonus???.Also make these comments pre match not after failing to score against a team leaking goals and struggling.Finally if utd had won the game he probably would have not discussed this.Managers have passion and class generally whatever the result,he has passion but for me not much class.Be interesting if anyother clubs team situation gets mentioned in his interviews if sufc fail to take the points after dominating games the rest of the season ??rolleyes:

Oh !! the momment your called stupid by "the bell" HA HA ...am still in mourning at the loss of two points, and the loss of 2 day income for my visit to the Lane...while some still await their first ever game..preaching on forums about a topic you dont have first hand experience !!! NOW THATS REAL STUPID.:love: