Sheffield utd v sheffield wed

West Brom have been hit and mis but find themselves a win away from the automatics, if they put some kind of run together expect them to pull away!

Definitely, but you could say the same for half the teams in the league!

Definitely, but you could say the same for half the teams in the league!

Yes, but West Brom have the playing staff and financial resources to maintain their challenge. They have a large and talented squad. They aren’t shackled by ffp or whatever it is called these days.

I can see them running away with the league, like Wolves did last year.

Saw this on another forum, so thought it would make interesting reading (especially from the Rotherham fan!), View from neutrals who saw the game on Sky TV.

"Decent game that. Must be **** to go to your local rivals and literally defend for your lives for 90 minutes though. Wednesday didn’t even try to do anything in open play" (Wolves)

"The intensity of Sheffield United is great. Watching this you have to wonder how on earth we beat them!" (Middlesbrough)

"Best team ive seen in the league so far" (Aston Villa)

"Watched that Sheffield derby. Christ, Wednesday got battered, no idea how they managed a draw" (Blackburn)

"One team trying to win and the other hanging on,very similar to the game I watched on the 23rd Oct there" (Stoke)

"It was such a one sided man vs boys match. The only thing it was missing was a goal" (Barnsley)

"Very dull game which left me with my mind wandering for much of the match...I've no fear of either of them now" (Rotherham)

Saw this on another forum, so thought it would make interesting reading (especially from the Rotherham fan!), View from neutrals who saw the game on Sky TV.

"Decent game that. Must be **** to go to your local rivals and literally defend for your lives for 90 minutes though. Wednesday didn’t even try to do anything in open play" (Wolves)

"The intensity of Sheffield United is great. Watching this you have to wonder how on earth we beat them!" (Middlesbrough)

"Best team ive seen in the league so far" (Aston Villa)

"Watched that Sheffield derby. Christ, Wednesday got battered, no idea how they managed a draw" (Blackburn)

"One team trying to win and the other hanging on,very similar to the game I watched on the 23rd Oct there" (Stoke)

"It was such a one sided man vs boys match. The only thing it was missing was a goal" (Barnsley)

"Very dull game which left me with my mind wandering for much of the match...I've no fear of either of them now" (Rotherham)

Ey up Grapps, we can all find quotes to suit if we look hard enough-I think the person who trawled through everyone's forums needs to get a bird/bloke, a life or preferably both :hihi:

My take on last night - United play a high up the pitch pressing game which is effective but to be totally successful needs really top class strikers. The Owls have just come of the back of an awful four game run, conceded a lot of goals and needed to stop the rot by not losing, a lot of United fans that I know have been quite smug at the prospect of the game and how many they would get, Owls have been largely dreading the game going into it in such poor form. They were never going to roll over, let united play "their game" and lose by some margin. Don't forget the owls are devoid of pace and guile up front due to injury and poor form from Joao.

United had all the play, with some good passing and clever movement but never really pressured Dawson (a local lad) in the Owls net, I didn't think the incident which led to it was a penalty and justice was done with a great save from the youngster.

Best chance of the game fell to Fox who fluffed his lines two yards out.

United had most of the second half possession but seemed even less of a goal scoring threat this half, the game petered out to a 0-0, Matias gave the Owls an outlet and perhaps could have been brought on earlier.

The game highlighted the need for United to splash out on better forwards and gives the Owls something to build on defensive wise and will have given the keeper the confidence boost he perhaps needed with a MOTM performance.

While Owls team defended well for 90 mins .This surely is still not good enough to be paying high prices at Hillsborough . A lot of questions need to be asked and Answers from The owner would be good . It seems Hutchinson Westwood Boyd Jones will be gone at end of season and maybe One of First team players to Balance the books As Owner got it wrong and this Results in my opinion Fans having to fork out For the mess with FFP . I can see Sufc being in prem before swfc is my honest opinion

Stop being dramatic, we wont play like that every week or go down!

---------- Post added 10-11-2018 at 18:36 ----------

Wigan made a match of it but conceded 4 goals?

As I have posted earlier, you are aware that defending is a fundamental in the game?

---------- Post added 10-11-2018 at 18:40 ----------

Maybe being a little less 'gung ho' and more conservative may see games out, personally I don't think Wilder can play like that and you will get found out as the season advances (like last season)

I agree with you Wilder will NOT play like that THANK GOD.According to the league table his way seems to work better more often than being negative and boring and .Long may he continue being positive.

I agree with you Wilder will NOT play like that THANK GOD.According to the league table his way seems to work better more often than being negative and boring and .Long may he continue being positive.

We don't play like this every game, horses for courses is the way forward and as I say, you have a one trick pony in charge!

We don't play like this every game, horses for courses is the way forward and as I say, you have a one trick pony in charge!

well I think ponies are more desirable than a donkey.

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear... :(

... another shambles of a performance resulting in the inability to beat one of the weaker sides in the division.

It's time we got a manager in who really understands what the club means to the fans - especially us older ones who struggle to see the action in the far end goalmouth and feel we are being ripped-off by all this attacking play every week - we only get to see half a game so we should only have to pay half-price! :rant:

Let's just hope the 2 points dropped don't cost us the title... :roll:

... another shambles of a performance resulting in the inability to beat one of the weaker sides in the division.

It's time we got a manager in who really understands what the club means to the fans - especially us older ones who struggle to see the action in the far end goalmouth and feel we are being ripped-off by all this attacking play every week - we only get to see half a game so we should only have to pay half-price! :rant:

Try Specksavers :hihi:

Them were the days when you could walk round to the other end at half time.