Sheffield utd v sheffield wed

Great result for the Owls last night but the gulf in class between the 2 teams looked , err .... massive .

Rhodes scores Norwich winner and his eighth of the season to put them on top.

Not according to the BBC match page, Rhodes scored in the 92 minute and Teemu Pukki scored the winner in the 97th minute.

Great result for the Owls last night but the gulf in class between the 2 teams looked , err .... massive .

The Owls win 0-0 against the Dog and Duck !!!

so one sided, the result Uniteds failings rather than the Owl plus"s.

The table does not lie, the Owls are still in a relegation battle.

From what I’ve seen the Blades have got a good shout of a top 6 finish, we obviously need to improve the final ball and add a quality striker but much of the build up play is on par with the best in the division.

The Owls like you say , are in trouble .

Stop being dramatic, we wont play like that every week or go down!

---------- Post added 10-11-2018 at 18:36 ----------

No mate, but Wigan made a match of it but our forwards especially Billy were on song. Villa match I don't remember that well now even though it was only weeks ago. I do seem to remember vaguely not thinking much to them.

My point about last night was that Wednesday didn't look like a team at all. Not much attempted and what they did was pretty poor or didn't come off. As a threat there didn't seem to be one, even though we do leave ourselves open by playing on the front foot.

Wigan made a match of it but conceded 4 goals?

As I have posted earlier, you are aware that defending is a fundamental in the game?

---------- Post added 10-11-2018 at 18:40 ----------

Well a good game with the Blades looking a good step above in terms of class but as usual coming away with just a point when really they should have had the three.Once again there approach was lovely to watch and had the owls chasing shadows but they took an age to deliver the final ball .Why do they not cross the ball when the opportunity is there and Sharp is stood in the six yard box.They have to stop go back come forward again stop and then cross by this time all the defenders are waiting for it.What ever happened to the first time cross.

The owls came away with another successful draw which their defence deserved .I thought the guy Hector was really good and the man of the match has to be the owls keeper.To think the lad has been slated on this forum with fans of the owls wanting him dropped is beyond me he saved them from humiliation.I thought he was superb.Having said that the Blades with their woeful crossing did not really test the lad in coming out to take crosses something that lets him down by what the fans say but if all teams take an age to cross a ball like the Blades do he should be fine.

---------- Post added 10-11-2018 at 11:47 ----------

Wow are you really serious ?The Blades could learn from Wednesday ?:hihi::hihi:No thank you very much.Watching what their fans have had to watch over the last season and a half you must be joking.:loopy::gag:

Maybe being a little less 'gung ho' and more conservative may see games out, personally I don't think Wilder can play like that and you will get found out as the season advances (like last season)

ALL the owls fans that have called for Dawson to be drooped should be ashamed of themselves He played well and deserved MoM

and the man of the match has to be the owls keeper.To think the lad has been slated on this forum with fans of the owls wanting him dropped is beyond me he saved them from humiliation.I thought he was superb.

To be fair i dont think anybody mentioned he should be dropped, i know i've asked a couple of times why Joe Wildsmiths not been picked. After all for a few years now hes been number 2 to Westwood and i believe is older and more experienced?

The bosses lad did mention a couple of weeks ago Wildsmith did have a stinker of a game, letting in 2 howlers for the under 23s so maybe last night shows us why Dawsons now number 2?

Stop being dramatic, we wont play like that every week or go down!

---------- Post added 10-11-2018 at 18:36 ----------

Wigan made a match of it but conceded 4 goals?

As I have posted earlier, you are aware that defending is a fundamental in the game?

---------- Post added 10-11-2018 at 18:40 ----------

Maybe being a little less 'gung ho' and more conservative may see games out, personally I don't think Wilder can play like that and you will get found out as the season advances (like last season)

Surely if we got 'found out' last season, we wouldn't have been unfound out this season, and the finding out would have continued into this season? It's not like we play any differently from last season.

I even heard the m word used to describe our form the other day... :hihi:

ALL the owls fans that have called for Dawson to be drooped should be ashamed of themselves He played well and deserved MoM

He got some dreadful treatment from the crowd at the Norwich game. It speaks volumes for his character that he came back so strongly.

Owls fans are going to need patience. This year is all about turning an aging squad over and bringing some youngsters through. Young players will often be inconsistent. They still need supporting.

I was delighted to see Dawson get the man of the match award. Let’s hope he kicks on from here as he has the potential to become an outstanding keeper.

Surely if we got 'found out' last season, we wouldn't have been unfound out this season, and the finding out would have continued into this season? It's not like we play any differently from last season.

I even heard the m word used to describe our form the other day... :hihi:

There is always a settling in period at the start of every season, teams jostling for position and stamping there authority on the new season. Many teams have new managers and see it through different eyes, come this time of the season it has started to settle down and the cream starts to rise and teams who have had a good first third start to struggle, this is when teams get found out and have to make modifications to there game.

There is always a settling in period at the start of every season, teams jostling for position and stamping there authority on the new season. Many teams have new managers and see it through different eyes, come this time of the season it has started to settle down and the cream starts to rise and teams who have had a good first third start to struggle, this is when teams get found out and have to make modifications to there game.

I’ve got West Brom and Leeds on at the moment. The game illustrates your point perfectly.

Leeds, the early leaders will struggle to make the play offs. West Brom, early strugglers, look good contenders for automatic promotion.

Maybe, but I've no idea who the 'cream' is going to be this season. Right now you'd say Villa and West Brom, but just when teams seem to be coming good, they have a slump.

Maybe, but I've no idea who the 'cream' is going to be this season. Right now you'd say Villa and West Brom, but just when teams seem to be coming good, they have a slump.

West Brom have been hit and mis but find themselves a win away from the automatics, if they put some kind of run together expect them to pull away!