Sheffield utd v sheffield wed

No further questions your honour :hihi::hihi:

Damn, well and truly beaten here! :hihi:

Top quality debate, only on sheffieldforum.co.uk

I watched United against Forest last week, they were awful, do I take that as a pointer to how United are for the entire season or do I see it as one game where they were not at their best? I'm confused?

Post(s) have been removed because they could be considered to breach our Terms of Service or Forum Rules.

Some idiot turned on the background noise track they use to boost the crowd's efforts. It wasn't necessary tonight but at some grounds, mainly premier league, it is.

Wow - I've heard of canned laughter being used in sitcoms, but canned crowd sounds for football?! (I don't have Sky so I've never really noticed)

Thanks. I think both Sky should apologise to both clubs. It didn't paint the city in a good light, and we have enough issues with derby day as is...

JUST got in from last nights game, gutted any one who saw the match live on on TV. Know there was only one team in it last night..poor finishing cost us.....

Some good football played in awful conditions.

Every team I've seen us play at home this season has offered an attacking threat. I think that was probably a one off type performance by Wednesday, but I don't see you picking up too many points with that set of players.

We went to do a job, after the rest of the seasons results we needed to shore up the defence, it worked.

Next stop, attacking, might be a bit harder while trying to stay solid in defence too lol

He did, but as for the rest of the team, worst team I've seen at the 'Lane this season.

If the rest of the team were terrible you'd of got the 4 or so goals being predicted before the game. Yes we didn't offer much going forward, I don't think many expected us to but the defence had a very good game for a change, they had sharp in their pockets all game.

I think what is clear, even to the most deluded of Wednesdayites, is that it isn't just a "gap" between these two sides now. It's a huge gulf in class. Through prudent transfer activity and good man management, United have assembled a team of decent players with no big names, and got them playing some of the best football in the land.

Wednesday could learn something from this approach maybe? One poster on the South Yorks Footy forum thinks Owls should get rid of both manager and Chairman asap and get some normal folks running the club!

Good report on the game, video highlights and press reports in the following article btw...

http://southyorksfooty.proboards.com/thread/3336/sheffield-derby?page=1&scrollTo=32790

Edited by DerbyTup

it was a great game swfc defence v sufc all attack,wednesday got lucky at times,but we cant play like that for the rest of the season ,we need a centre forward at swfc,but so do many other clubs inc sufc,but not a bad game

JUST got in from last nights game, gutted any one who saw the match live on on TV. Know there was only one team in it last night..poor finishing cost us.....

Some good football played in awful conditions.

Another poster who is ignorant that defending is a part of football, maybe if United concentrated a bit more on their defending they could be running away with it now!

---------- Post added 10-11-2018 at 10:03 ----------

it was a great game swfc defence v sufc all attack,wednesday got lucky at times,but we cant play like that for the rest of the season ,we need a centre forward at swfc,but so do many other clubs inc sufc,but not a bad game

We wont play like that for the rest of the season, Jos has his knockers but does know how to adapt and change his game to suit, something that Wilder appears to lack which puts united in a detriment!

We went to do a job, after the rest of the seasons results we needed to shore up the defence, it worked.

Next stop, attacking, might be a bit harder while trying to stay solid in defence too lol

It was the only thing you could do, as I said in a previous post, park the bus and maybe get a hit and hope from Reach and hang on. Credit your defence, but you showed nothing else