Sheffield utd v sheffield wed

:hihi::hihi::hihi:.In all honesty I think if utd strengthen in the new year they have a good shot at playoffs.Ithink derby and norwich will stay strong and forest will kick on.Ithought villa would but there hit and miss.All the best anyway mate .uto ;)

I have not ,made any predictions re the Blades promotion chances or potential finishing position. Its a division where everyone can beat anyone.

I am however bullish on the style and commitment the squad have shown so far. All the best to you as well,UTB

Edited by POUNDSWORTH

If you want the club to listen to yer all, yep take your shoes off, wave em in the air and sing :) it worked for us:)

Hmmm... :huh:

... well that's not going to work at S6 I'm afraid.

In Thailand, removing your shoes is often seen as a mark of respect (see here) and so may well be misinterpreted by Mr Tuna that the fans are really happy with the way the club is currently being run. :)

In Thailand, removing your shoes is often seen as a mark of respect (see here) and so may well be misinterpreted by Mr Tuna that the fans are really happy with the way the club is currently being run. :)

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:ah well nothing ventured and all that!!!!:D:D

And in Saudi Arabia chucking shoes at people is the ultimate insult.

:hihi::hihi::hihi:.In all honesty I think if utd strengthen in the new year they have a good shot at playoffs.Ithink derby and norwich will stay strong and forest will kick on.Ithought villa would but there hit and miss.All the best anyway mate .uto ;)

I think the Blades have a good shot at automatic promotion given their position now, not saying they will stay in the top two but as everyone is aware that whoever is on the top six roundabout has a chance and Cardiff 'sneaked' into second place at the very end of last season. You forgot Leeds (sorry) and if Middlesbrough can somehow recall where the opposiiton's net is, then them also (sorry Mooks). As for my team, No not this season.

Edited by St Petre
add

A scholar in the noble Chinese art of bone breaking once told me a wounded bear is still dangerous

A scholar in the noble Chinese art of bone breaking once told me a wounded bear is still dangerous

A wounded bear is strong before his bones are broken.

Wednesday, on the other hand, are a team comprising many Tom Lees'

... an aficionado in the noble Sheffield art of pee taking once told me that a wounded bear only roars if there's someone in the forest to hear it's cry. :confused:

My views are fairly neutral but with leanings towards the Owls, from what I’ve seen this season United will be out of the traps and snapping at Wednesday’s heels from the first whistle, SW’s defence is absolutely creaking at the moment and confidence in the camp will be low, the Owls have been better in the first half of games but have caved after conceding a goal, if United go in front early doors it could be a spanking to rival (or better) 1979, I think a draw is the very best the Owls can expect sadly.

Theres been plenty of derbies over the years when Wednesday have been the underdogs of the fixture with United flying high but somehow the result has been ground out. I was at these fixtures below

O Grady and Madine scoring in the last 5 mins in 2011

Watson grabbing the only goal in 2008

Tudgays beaut of a goal.

Jos' first game in charge.

Wilder has galvanised that team together and got them flying high. He has added a few great additions this season particularly Norwood, have the most in form goalscorer in Sharp and has a good keeper who can organise a defence. The table doesn't lie.

Wednesday haven't had a clean sheet or a settled line up so far this season. Strange decisions are being made about players with no reason to explain why - so many conspiracies are coming out from everybody who seems to be 'in the know' but nobody actually does. It would be great to have transparency so we could all be on board - Not a chairman who argues with the fans and always seems to have some sort of excuse.

So Friday night......

If we lose, lets not just lie down without a fight

If we win, lets build on it.

I don't think its a good idea to have the match on a Friday night to be honest but I guess that's the Sky money talking.

Im not going to this match but for everybody who is I hope there is no trouble and everybody stays safe. Its just a game of football after all.....isn't it?

Its no contest Wilders un known cost nowts against Wednesdays team of multi millionaires ,there is only one winner .

Theres been plenty of derbies over the years when Wednesday have been the underdogs of the fixture with United flying high but somehow the result has been ground out. I was at these fixtures below

O Grady and Madine scoring in the last 5 mins in 2011

Watson grabbing the only goal in 2008

Tudgays beaut of a goal.

Jos' first game in charge.

Wilder has galvanised that team together and got them flying high. He has added a few great additions this season particularly Norwood, have the most in form goalscorer in Sharp and has a good keeper who can organise a defence. The table doesn't lie.

Wednesday haven't had a clean sheet or a settled line up so far this season. Strange decisions are being made about players with no reason to explain why - so many conspiracies are coming out from everybody who seems to be 'in the know' but nobody actually does. It would be great to have transparency so we could all be on board - Not a chairman who argues with the fans and always seems to have some sort of excuse.

So Friday night......

If we lose, lets not just lie down without a fight

If we win, lets build on it.

I don't think its a good idea to have the match on a Friday night to be honest but I guess that's the Sky money talking.

Im not going to this match but for everybody who is I hope there is no trouble and everybody stays safe. Its just a game of football after all.....isn't it?

I will agree with you it is a game I can remember standing side by side with owls fans watching derby matches many years ago without ever a hint of trouble.There was plenty of leg pulling going off but that was the way it was.I have many really great pals who support the owls and we always take the mick out of each other and it is a great laugh but it never boils over in to anything that is over the top.I along with the normal people who support our teams in this city surely welcome S W F C decision to ban that idiot Answorth from Sheff 6 for is vile comments about a 2 day old babe who was dying.That was pure hatred .He should really go and see someone and get treatment.Same as those who made the effigy of the tower block on bonfire night there is something really wrong with them.