BEWARE - Bag Thefts & Pickpocketing

I assume that it wasn't reported to the police as you'd consider it a waste of their time? :rolleyes:

Don't be silly. Of course it was reported to the police but no one expected them to come flying to the pub with blues and twos - THAT was my point which you totally missed.

ALL crime should be reported to the police but there are different levels of urgency for the police to attend immediately. Shoplifting and a snatched handbag aren't those unless someone is seriously injured

Edited by Daven

i hope the OP sister reports this police are aware of this going on I'm sure hight street is coverd by cctv it may help you never know, i do know someone who was targeted like this and had belongings stolen on this very same stretch of bus stops. be vigilant people

Get someone with a big open bag with a bear trap in it. Make it easy to get into and go wait for bus at busy times.

Get someone with a big open bag with a bear trap in it. Make it easy to get into and go wait for bus at busy times.

A loaded mouse trap would be good enough and less noticeable.;)

There's bags available with wire running the strap and the fabric, locking zips, rfid built in and that sort of thing. I'd buy if I was on public transport a lot, which thankfully, I'm not.

Anyone touches me gets introduction to my massive knuckleduster skull ring!

Anyone comes at me will get every major nerve in there body heavily manipulated:d

Anyone touches me gets introduction to my massive knuckleduster skull ring!

If only it was so easy.

I did wonder when this sort of thing would start happening in Sheffield - it's been more of a problem in other cities.....I've had it before but not here. Same description - Eastern European, with a shawl on, hand in my bag.

It's been happening for hundreds of years. It's a symptom of socioeconomic inequality, not immigration.

Hmm, I had suspicions about a slight, dark man with a thin moustache just outside orchard square being a thief after he walked very closely behind me. It might well have been nothing but I’m just mentioning it as a heads up.

Hmm, I had suspicions about a slight, dark man with a thin moustache just outside orchard square being a thief after he walked very closely behind me. It might well have been nothing but I’m just mentioning it as a heads up.

I saw at least ten dark men earlier today, I've phoned 101 just in case.

I saw at least ten dark men earlier today, I've phoned 101 just in case.

Lol!!! That it is so witty my sides are splitting

Anyway, folks may or may not wish to keep their eyes on their handbag or wallet if someone starts walking a behind them little too closely in the city centre. The main thing I noticed about this guy was the thin moustache not his hair colour anyway. I am trying to be helpful. Bye.