Caravans on Hillsborough Park - READ POST #1 BEFORE COMMENTING

The only statement I made still applies: this shouldn't be a lifestyle we condone in this day. It's not like these people are travelling around the country digging canals/building railway lines is it? If they want to live somewhere they should have to pay the charges like us normal folk do. And no, I don't like paying it either.

I think possibly yes...see if you can find it and watch..

Were some of our 'guests' personally involved? If not I dont see how it is relevant :confused: You cant tar a whole community because of the actions of a few

The only statement I made still applies: this shouldn't be a lifestyle we condone in this day. It's not like these people are travelling around the country digging canals/building railway lines is it? If they want to live somewhere they should have to pay the charges like us normal folk do. And no, I don't like paying it either.

I'm inclined to agree with this. Nothing against the people themselves...but if you're using roads/parks/any public services, then you should be subject to pay for them like everyone else.

I don't really see how anyone can think otherwise. I apply the same thinking to those who don't pay their taxes, or squirrel their money into tax havens....

Were some of our 'guests' personally involved? If not I dont see how it is relevant :confused: You cant tar a whole community because of the actions of a few

Guests? Not sure they were invited to setup camp at the park, approx. 30 vehicles in the park, a very nice range too, these aren't poor people, if you can drive about in 100s of thousands of pounds worth of kit then you can afford to plan and pay the site fees, other caravan owners do this though out the U.K and Europe.

I'm inclined to agree with this. Nothing against the people themselves...but if you're using roads/parks/any public services, then you should be subject to pay for them like everyone else.

I don't really see how anyone can think otherwise. I apply the same thinking to those who don't pay their taxes, or squirrel their money into tax havens....

A lot of travellers have permanent homes- houses or trailer park type homes on their own land or designated sites. For sites they pay a fairly heft pitch fee to the local authority. For houses they will be paying council tax.

A lot of travellers have permanent homes- houses or trailer park type homes on their own land or designated sites. For sites they pay a fairly heft pitch fee to the local authority. For houses they will be paying council tax.

If they have permanent homes and houses, then surely they aren't travellers?

If they have permanent homes and houses, then surely they aren't travellers?

They are when they are travelling. Its like you going to Magaluf once a year- they just do more of it

I wasn't doing....

---------- Post added 02-11-2018 at 15:53 ----------

They are when they are travelling. Its like you going to Magaluf once a year- they just do more of it

If I go abroad and camp I pay the camp site fees...and only camp where it's allowed..

Back on topic please.

So 'travellers' are the same as 'holidaymakers'?

I'm not sure they'd agree with you on that one!

Hots on things that traditional gender roles are a good thing though.

Which has me confused as I'm sure that on the now deleted 'Rotherham Groomers' thread, he was criticising Pakistani men for having a 'traditional view' of women and girls yet is praising it in the travelling community! :confused:

Dumb question..... so am I right in reading that we have caravans on Hillsborough Park ?

If so whereabouts, the car park or grassed area ?