Caravans on Hillsborough Park - READ POST #1 BEFORE COMMENTING

Mod Note

There have been a number of queries regarding why these threads keep getting removed.

This is because they all degenerated into a list of insults & hatred directed at the traveller community.

So as the topic seems to be of interest, we're giving you this thread, and only this thread, to post in on the understanding that any insults or hatred directed to the traveller community will be removed and the user who made the offending post will be suspended indefinitely.

Any other threads on this topic will be removed on sight.

These restrictions are in addition to the normal forum rules.

I can't see a thread about travellers which doesn't allow abusive comments about travellers to attract many posts.

It is interesting that some posters I know who won't tolerate racism, sexism and homophobia see nothing wrong with making snidely digs at the travelling community.

I for one think if the traveller community want to stop a few nights on the park before moving on why make such an issue about it. We are after all a City of Sanctuary and should promote multiculturalism.

As long as they leave the park in the state in which they found it which Im sure they will I cant see a problem.

I have always found members of the travelling community to be nothing but good hard working honest people, do anyone for anything, given a bad press by a minority of ner-do wells like you find in all communities.

Edited by lil-minx92

Mod Note

So just to clarify

any post that says the travellers are lovely people can stay?

any post that doesnt gets the poster banned?

Just to clarify you can criticise but not insult or direct hatred towards them.

And any further queries about moderation can be taken to the Helpdesk.

And if people really don't want to discuss the topic subject to these restrictions then we can always close the thread.

I for one think if the traveller community want to stop a few nights on the park before moving on why make such an issue about it. We are after all a City of Sanctuary and should promote multiculturalism.

As long as they leave the park in the state in which they found it which Im sure they will I cant see a problem

Hear hear.

As long as they leave the park in the state in which they found it which Im sure they will I cant see a problem.

I have always found members of the travelling community to be nothing but good hard working honest people, do anyone for anything, given a bad press by a minority of ner-do wells like you find in all communities.

As an aside did you see "Watchdog" last night?

Mod Note

There have been a number of queries regarding why these threads keep getting removed.

This is because they all degenerated into a list of insults & hatred directed at the traveller community.

So as the topic seems to be of interest, we're giving you this thread, and only this thread, to post in on the understanding that any insults or hatred directed to the traveller community will be removed and the user who made the offending post will be suspended indefinitely.

Any other threads on this topic will be removed on sight.

These restrictions are in addition to the normal forum rules.

That seems reasonable enough.

I think it's OK to say that there are concerns about them being at Hillsborough Park (as reported in The Star) without degenerating into insults and hatred.

I'll eat my hat if they leave the place nice and tidy. Also it will be our council tax that will pay for any cleanup operation.

As an aside did you see "Watchdog" last night?

I didnt. Did it contain material relevant to this thread?

I didnt. Did it contain material relevant to this thread?

I think possibly yes...see if you can find it and watch..

I think possibly yes...see if you can find it and watch..

I saw some of it.

Was it about fly tipping?

I saw some of it.

Was it about fly tipping?

Yep..on a grand scale as well..