Save the planet by becoming a vegan.

NONE of that negates what i said :roll:

But I didnt say it did!

ez8004,

Do you not mean "living longer" rather than "living too long" ?

No, he meant "living too long". These lefty sicko's want the older generation to hurry up and die.

Adrian Chiles is the latest ******* to feel the need to tell everyone he's become vegan like the virtue signalling irrelevant ******** he is.

Our diet is very much influenced by what Government does, vegetarians and vegans amount to less than 5% of the population, meat consumption has increased by over 15% in the last 50 years, and if you go back even further we consumed much less meat, we were healthier in those days, just look at the levels of obesity today.

People with politically conservative beliefs are more likely to doubt the reality or seriousness of climate change, this type of person filters the facts according to their pre-existing beliefs about politicians and the media. The climate change sceptics are often sceptical about many other things.

Our diet is very much influenced by what Government does, vegetarians and vegans amount to less than 5% of the population, meat consumption has increased by over 15% in the last 50 years, and if you go back even further we consumed much less meat, we were healthier in those days, just look at the levels of obesity today.

I dont think the bit in bold is true as I recently read that UK meat consumption has gone down? But if true the population of the UK has also risen by roughly 26% since 1960.

ez8004,

Do you not mean "living longer" rather than "living too long" ?

No, he's right. It's living too long.

I dont think the bit in bold is true as I recently read that UK meat consumption has gone down? But if true the population of the UK has also risen by roughly 26% since 1960.

Both can be true. Long term consumption up. Recent consumption down.

Both can be true. Long term consumption up. Recent consumption down.

The Agricultural and Horticultural Development Board (AHDB) estimates that meat consumption is pretty stable. Including meat eaten inside and outside the home, it estimates that UK meat consumption was about 79 kilograms per person in 2016, an increase of 2% compared to 2015, but down 1% compared to 2014. Looking back a decade, UK meat consumption levels do not appear to have changed much.

https://fullfact.org/health/vegetarian-vegan-uk/

No, he meant "living too long". These lefty sicko's want the older generation to hurry up and die.

easy there tiger, just let the cold winter and flu outbreak do its job; there should another 30,000 less OAPs this time next year.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/jan/20/older-person-dying-winter-fuel-poverty

A better way to help save the planed is to ditch global importation of food and have locally sourced food. I believe in a lot of what Schumacher proposed in his book "Small is Beautiful."

Do you reckon the UK could be self sufficient?

Do you reckon the UK could be self sufficient?

See what happened in WWII as an example....

See what happened in WWII as an example....

So not at all then, not by a long shot.

If we all became Vegans/vegetarians would it help save the planet?

Become a Vulcan, save the Planet/ live long and prosper all at the same time. :hihi: