Sheffield looking good on television

Now living in Lichfield it has been good recently to see so much of Sheffield, of which I have very fond memories, on the BBC. The new Dr Who of course, episode one and episode three this last weekend filmed at Park Hill flats, the new Steph McGovern programme about manufacturing showing the Abbeydale Industrial Hamlet, Cutlers Hall and various shots in the city (and Hathersage) and then Breakfast Television from the Winter Gardens just this morning. The city is looking good on the small screen - be proud.

Sheffield has fantastic landscape, buildings, countryside for filming.

We said the same just this morning.

Even Mayor Majid Majid is adding sparkle.

The beeb must have fallen out with Leeds.

Couldn't watch last episode, Arachnids!

The Makers programme was great, just the right tone, etc.

Sheffield is an amazing place. I walk around, usually with a phone or camera, snapping anything that catches my eye. Often the camera catches details that my eyes overlooked at the time and I enlarge the pictures for a better look. No matter how many times I wander around there's always something new to see. I always feel safe in the city centre, I am no youngster and walk with a stick but Sheffield [and Barnsley] always feel friendly. Its now beginning to look better and I hope people appreciate it.

The Doctor Who episode was a particularly clever story line with the American businessman having built a huge hotel and golf course on reclaimed land which according to the map was Parkwood Springs across to the old Shirecliffe land fill.

It tied in well with story line.

Sheffield is looking good right now, on TV anyhow.

I thought you was referring to channel 7, Sheffield's own TV channel. I wish some media students would take this over. I want to point my aerial back to Emley Moor.

The Doctor Who episode was a particularly clever story line with the American businessman having built a huge hotel and golf course on reclaimed land which according to the map was Parkwood Springs across to the old Shirecliffe land fill.

It tied in well with story line.

Sheffield is looking good right now, on TV anyhow.

The interior of said hotel is actually Celtic manor in Wales.

We said the same just this morning.

Even Mayor Majid Majid is adding sparkle.

The beeb must have fallen out with Leeds.

Interesting. When we lived in Sheffield it always bugged us that Sheffield didn't seem to exist as far as the BBC Look North was concerned, you would think Leeds was the hub of the universe! I assume local BBC services are still based in Leeds or have they moved to Media City in Manchester now?

Interesting. When we lived in Sheffield it always bugged us that Sheffield didn't seem to exist as far as the BBC Look North was concerned, you would think Leeds was the hub of the universe! I assume local BBC services are still based in Leeds or have they moved to Media City in Manchester now?

Watch local ITV calender its MUCH better and multicultural.