More interesting driving

I bet they weren't counting on someone having decent dash cam footage of the whole thing and then taking it to the police.

They were even arrogant enough to post the crime reference number up as well IIRC.

Has the thread fully gone??

because really someone should phone the police and let them know footage of the incident has been posted online.

Yep diasappeared into the voids of admin.... as usual don't know why..the one on facebook is still there I think..I'd send you the FB link but don't know how to without it showing my details as well..

Edited by truman

Without the crime reference number from the original thread there's not much to report to the polcie.

I'm sure they'd be very interested though if they could link the driving offence in the video to a falsified police report from the same person.

Both drivers are somewhat at fault, but the disco driver criminally so.

Both drivers are somewhat at fault, but the disco driver criminally so.

The disco driver just seemed more intent on blocking the lane rather than pulling into the LH one..and got annoyed when the BMW wanted to pull in infront of him..

Hate to say it (!) but women drivers would never have behaved as pathetically as these two!

Hate to say it (!) but women drivers would never have behaved as pathetically as these two!

Women are possibly the most aggressive and ignorant drivers on the road and besides, How do you know these drivers were male?

The disco driver just seemed more intent on blocking the lane rather than pulling into the LH one..and got annoyed when the BMW wanted to pull in infront of him..

Hadn't the Disco driver just been allowed to filter in himself?

And got a bit ticked off that the BMW was then going to go past him and try to push in further ahead... I can see the reason for the annoyance, the filter lane was ending, the beemer driver was being a tool.

The disco driver reacted as an even bigger tool though.

Hadn't the Disco driver just been allowed to filter in himself?

And got a bit ticked off that the BMW was then going to go past him and try to push in further ahead... I can see the reason for the annoyance, the filter lane was ending, the beemer driver was being a tool.

The disco driver reacted as an even bigger tool though.

To me the Landy driver didn't seem that interested in pulling into the space he'd been given .. intstead of getting out of the way he tried to prevent anyone else getting past..seen it all to many times before...but there you go..

"I'm allowed to pass but no-one is allowed to pass me"

Also an offence I believe.

Check this out:

Shocking moment two road rage women brawl in the street as a little boy pleads for them to stop

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7122813/road-rage-women-video-facebook-northampton/

Simple answer to all of this is to take out the emotion and competition element from our driving.

In its place, put collaboration and teamwork.

Then we have roughly the German model of dealing with this lane closing issue: I.e. as you approach the pinch point stay in lane, slow down at a rate equivalent to others’ pace in the other lane and merge in turn at an even lower speed.

The British way of most of us piling into a queue early, leaving a few “sinners” to sail down to the pinchpoint means that there are bound to be “ losers” and “winners” in the competition resulting in spats like this one.

Simple answer to all of this is to take out the emotion and competition element from our driving.

In its place, put collaboration and teamwork.

Then we have roughly the German model of dealing with this lane closing issue: I.e. as you approach the pinch point stay in lane, slow down at a rate equivalent to others’ pace in the other lane and merge in turn at an even lower speed.

The British way of most of us piling into a queue early, leaving a few “sinners” to sail down to the pinchpoint means that there are bound to be “ losers” and “winners” in the competition resulting in spats like this one.

By having signs saying merge in turn or similar, in a few places only, it sort of implies that this doesn’t apply in all those cases where there isn’t a sign.

Paragraph 134 of the Highway Code is also less than unequivocal, as the examples (roadworks and traffic incidents) where we should merge in turn are clearly temporary and out of the ordinary, and not normal driving.

I think the Highway Code should be made much clearer and all encompassing, something along the lines of...

“Where vehicles in lanes are required to merge due to reduction in road width or other obstruction, then the vehicles should merge in turn where it is safe to do so”.