Web sites selling dangerous weapons

So now you are inferring that I'm going to stab someone, don't tar everyone with the same brush. It's obvious that any blade can cause harm and I don't need an amateur arguer pointing it out to me.

I didn't infer that at all of course. I was pointing out that your hysteria over a shop selling knives is misplaced. Knives and other weapons are readily available at many, many shops. And almost all of us have many knives in our houses that are perfectly capable of killing.

So what point were you making? Why single out this particular shop instead of perhaps the local Tesco where you can buy a 9" knife for £2.99

They don't

"Rated 18 This bladed product is not for sale to people under the age of 18. A signature will be required on delivery. See Details"

It just requires a signature when delivered.

" Amazon adopts a 'Challenge 25' approach to delivery of age restricted products. Photo identification will be required if a person appears under 25, to prove that they are over 18 years old. An age restricted item can be delivered to another adult over the age of18 at the same address. Delivery to a neighbour or nominated safe place location is not available for these items. If an adult over the age 18is not available at the address, or if an adult has not been able to show valid photo identification under the Challenge 25 approach', the item will be returned to Amazon for re-delivery the following day."

In reality I bet they let anyone sign for it as the courier most likely won't know what they're delivering. But perhaps I'm being too cynical.

From Amazon?

Did you laugh at him?

Most of the people I know whose kids hang around with other kids with knives say that they don't buy them on the Internet, they shoplift them from Poundland, The Range and Home Bargains.

As has already been pointed out, kids getting hold of knives is not the problem. The problem is kids believing that they either have a right to stab someone to resolve an issue or believing that they need to carry a knife to protect themselves from the aforementioned kids. :suspect:

Most of the people I know whose kids hang around with other kids with knives say that they don't buy them on the Internet, they shoplift them from Poundland, The Range and Home Bargains.

As has already been pointed out, kids getting hold of knives is not the problem. The problem is kids believing that they either have a right to stab someone to resolve an issue or believing that they need to carry a knife to protect themselves from the aforementioned kids. :suspect:

Finally, the right answer.

The air pistol I had was so rubbish you could just about see the pellet. It was good for shooting bottles though - they never broke just pinged.

Sounds like the one I had, think it was a Dianna, or summat.

When I was a teenager, late 1960's, my sister and I boarded a flight to France (to hitchhike around Europe) with both of us having daggers on our belts. We got a finger wag but no one was really bothered - however, on the road, we did have to use them - only as a threat - never killed anyone, never got raped.

On 11/2/2018 at 1:49 PM, Easy livin said:

I am one of those old blokes who can never remember not owning a penknife. i was given one by my grandfather when i was probably 5 6 or 7yrs old. i have had an edc in my pocket since then.

i have found a million different uses for it. use it multiple times per day and so far, have never found the need to stick it in anyone.

knives don't hurt people. idiots do.

Me too. I also have an EDC on my person at all times. I never hurt a soul with it, other than myself. In this country we have some of the strictest gun laws in the world. Air rifles limited to 12 ftlb muzzle energy (without an FAC), pistols limited to 6 ftlb. 

I own air rifles and hunting knives which are used to hunt and prepare game for consumption in the field. If some thinks I am breaking the law for owning or using these items please explain why? If retailers follow the law, what are they doing wrong? Someone posted a shop selling hunting knives was full of teenagers. Was the retailer seen selling to the teenagers?

On 11/3/2018 at 8:24 PM, Hogg said:

When I was a teenager, late 1960's, my sister and I boarded a flight to France (to hitchhike around Europe) with both of us having daggers on our belts. We got a finger wag but no one was really bothered - however, on the road, we did have to use them - only as a threat - never killed anyone, never got raped.

The last time I went to France (2003) I was told I couldn't take my pocket swiss army knife with me.  

But coming back with a new swiss army knife I wasn't stopped at all, just waved straight through with a trolley stacked high with booze.   

I think they just assumed I was one of the masses who went there and back to the duty free shop in the ferry terminal at Calais.

On 11/2/2018 at 7:53 AM, steve68 said:

Amazon do this already.

I've just had a couple delivered to my house. They dont do it at the moment....

2 hours ago, alchresearch said:

The last time I went to France (2003) I was told I couldn't take my pocket swiss army knife with me.  

But coming back with a new swiss army knife I wasn't stopped at all, just waved straight through with a trolley stacked high with booze.   

I think they just assumed I was one of the masses who went there and back to the duty free shop in the ferry terminal at Calais.

Told by whom in what context?

I've taken a diving knife in packed luggage on a plane before, nobody ever even asked about it.

By ferry you could take anything that is legal in both UK and France.