Camp Sites Near and Around Sheffield?

A huge thank you to everyone for all your pratical help and for all the gay quips. Pffft! Loved it!

I am very grateful and will post as to the outcome :thumbsup:

if you join the caravan club (about £30/yr) you can stay at a small site in stannington callled cow gap cottage for £6/night. very nice and only 20 min drive from city centre

I think there is a campsite in stannington just past the hare and hounds. I think it is hagg hill farm or somthing like that.

I LOVE this sig! Very Steiner! :thumbsup:

And thanks for those last two ideas ladies.

The nearest commercial site I know of to Sheffield is on Lodge Lane which runs from Manchester Road to Lodge Moor.

If you go up Rivelin Valley Road from Malin Bridge to Rivelin Post Office...turn left, then immediately right...the site is on your right.:thumbsup:

I know someone has already mentioned this, but the Grouse and Claret at Rowsley has excellent facilities. The campsite is in the grounds of the pub, there are good toilet and shower facilities, a playground for the kids, a pub serving good beer and food, and a retail outlet just next door! It's also very close to Chatsworth, within walking distance of Hathersage and after a 20 minute walk to the station you can get a train to Matlock.

A French friend is visiting this summer with his daughter, with the aim of her spending as much time with English-speaking children as possible (she speaks French, English and Serbian).

Despite having invited them to stay at the house with us, he insists that this is what he wants to do, so I look to you, Sheffielders, to assist in my search for a decent campsite in the local environs. Amenities are a necesity, the child is around 11-12 yrs old.

Evidently, if there is anyone who knows of anything closer to Baaaarnsley then that would be great too, but Sheffield is the city he mentioned.

I have heard of one in Edale, but that is quite a trek.

His requirement would be for the first two weeks of July 2006.

With many thanks in advance to you all for your assistance,

Lizzmobile

Good train service though, all the way to Sheffield or Manchester.

Hi. has anyone got a contact number or mobile no. for greenspring caravan park at worsborough. probably picking a caravan up in 2 weeks and need to store it somewhere.

thanks Beth