The Blades Vs Wigan Athletic

Below par for me by normal standards. Good idea to not risk aggravating injuries to Egan and Duffy. Thought Wigan were unlucky to go in behind at half time.

Sharp works so hard off the ball, shields the ball well, and brave as always seems to get kicked. His main assett seems to be his speed of thought, always half a secod in front of defenders, and ability to sniff out goals.

O’Connell played well. Fleck and Norwood were able to to relax a bit. McGoldrick is a contender for signing of the season with Norwood and Egan.

And to think some on here said Sharp wouldn’t get 10 goals a season in the Championship.

All set up for a Wednesday derby day win

That's what makes it a great league, nearly every team is in the mix, not just the elite top 7-8 teams like the Prem, the gap between the 1st and 12th is already 13 points after only 10 games. Give me a league that is more evenly matched any day....:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Quite right Longy, I"ve been saying it for a while now..I can"t stop looking at the league table, seeing the blades top by 2pts, I"m enjoying it while it lasts...….

Below par for me by normal standards. Good idea to not risk aggravating injuries to Egan and Duffy. Thought Wigan were unlucky to go in behind at half time.

Sharp works so hard off the ball, shields the ball well, and brave as always seems to get kicked. His main assett seems to be his speed of thought, always half a secod in front of defenders, and ability to sniff out goals.

O’Connell played well. Fleck and Norwood were able to to relax a bit. McGoldrick is a contender for signing of the season with Norwood and Egan.

And to think some on here said Sharp wouldn’t get 10 goals a season in the Championship.

All set up for a Wednesday derby day win

Shame he hit the wood work to be denied a fourth goal!

Billy Sharp, what a player.

Good game, Wigan were fast and physical (not dirty, just very strong on the ball) but once we hit our stride, only one team in it.

It pains me to say it, but it must be quite pleasant being a Blade at the moment. Good football, good results, good reviews and complete togetherness. It's not difficult is it?

We had it once under Ron Atkinson.

Everyone connected with the club deserves the present position and for the non-Wednesday fans (and probably even a fair few of them) the admiration for the Blades is Nationwide. It will probably last until Wilder's departure (2 years? or 20 years?) Even if Wilder did leave to chase the cash, as soon as he gets sacked from wherever, he'd be back at S2, so the next few years look sorted.

United have been so..ooooooooooooo lucky these last few years, and now you're reaping the lucky 3 leaved clover. Why do I say that?

Ask yourselves this (and answer it honestly, before you slaughter me)

Where would United be now if McCabe hadn't been a United fan and had put his dosh, his building skills and his Hotel in to, say, Hull City.

Secondly, with no McCabe money, IF Wilder had just happened to be say, a Villa fan, where would he be now?

Having these two fans available at the same time must be a million to one shot and United have been the very lucky recipients.

It's not sour grapes I speak, it's a fact.

All power to your elbow, you're playing the game as I think it should be played, it's paying off and you're making lots of people happy.

Enjoy it all while you can.

UP THE OWLS! .................. Eventually!

Shame he hit the wood work to be denied a fourth goal!

Billy Sharp, what a player.

Good game, Wigan were fast and physical (not dirty, just very strong on the ball) but once we hit our stride, only one team in it.

Unable to get to the game but I would stay away all the time if we hit four every week :hihi::hihi:Wilder was not to happy with the performance but we played well in the week and only got a point so it evens it self out.Who can we get to replace Billy when he hangs up his boots?He will be a hard act to follow even if he is a fat boy who will not score in this league:hihi::hihi:as we were told by the dark side.Back where we belong with a two point advantage not bad for a PUB team who would struggle in this league as we were told yet again by the dark side.We have a manager who as the best win record in English football apart from the Man City manager who has spent the same amount as the national debt yet Wilder has spent peanuts.What a gem we have with this guy yet some still question his decisions can not understand them.

---------- Post added 28-10-2018 at 12:52 ----------

It pains me to say it, but it must be quite pleasant being a Blade at the moment. Good football, good results, good reviews and complete togetherness. It's not difficult is it?

Everyone connected with the club deserves the present position and for the non-Wednesday fans (and probably even a fair few of them) the admiration for the Blades is Nationwide. It will probably last until Wilder's departure (2 years? or 20 years?) Even if Wilder did leave to chase the cash, as soon as he gets sacked from wherever, he'd be back at S2, so the next few years look sorted.

United have been so..ooooooooooooo lucky these last few years, and now you're reaping the lucky 3 leaved clover. Why do I say that?

Where would United be now if McCabe hadn't been a United fan and had put his dosh, his building skills and his Hotel in to, say, Hull City.

Secondly, with no McCabe money, IF Wilder had just happened to be say, a Villa fan, where would he be now?

Having these two fans available at the same time must be a million to one shot and United have been the very lucky recipients.

All power to your elbow, you're playing the game as I think it should be played, it's paying off and you're making lots of people happy.

Well thankyou Hots.You are right we are lucky to have two genuine Blades steering the ship,Unlike some Blades fans I hope it keeps like that and the Prince takes a walk.Always thought you were one of the more sensible ones from Sheff 6 and you talk a lot of sense and like Wilder says it as it is.Wilder is not just getting the results most of the time but is playing super soccer which is always on the front foot .We leave big gaps at the back which allows the opposition to get at us but that is the only down side and I for one would not want it any other way.I know we are at the top but do you know I am not a Prem league lover and i prefer the Championship so I have mixed feelings about getting promotion.I know financially it would be great but we would end up as cannon fodder for the big six.I am not that daft enough not to know we could never compete with the the big guys in terms of money but we would not be lacking in terms of effort which Wilder would demand.Anyway it is early days so I am not getting to giddy.

We long standing Blades understand perfectly that football is cyclical and United at the moment are riding the crest of a wave. These times come around so rarely that you should forgive us for shouting from the rooftops, it may all come crashing around our heads any time.

It’s unusual to have owners managers and a club captain who are all fans of the club. In that respect we are «* lucky*»

I didn’t feel lucky when I was watching the Blades draw 1-1 at 10 man Notts County in absolutely freezing conditions several’years ago. Even slipped and spilled my chips on ice outside the ground.

Funny old game football.

Played really well on Tuesday against Stoke but only got a draw; distinctly average yesterday, but scored 4 goals and took the points.

We long standing Blades understand perfectly that football is cyclical and United at the moment are riding the crest of a wave. These times come around so rarely that you should forgive us for shouting from the rooftops, it may all come crashing around our heads any time.

It’s unusual to have owners managers and a club captain who are all fans of the club. In that respect we are «* lucky*»

I didn’t feel lucky when I was watching the Blades draw 1-1 at 10 man Notts County in absolutely freezing conditions several’years ago. Even slipped and spilled my chips on ice outside the ground.

I think he is a miserable sod but must admit he is the best manager in England by a mile.

As to the owners ,wait and see.

I think he is a miserable sod but must admit he is the best manager in England by a mile.

As to the owners ,wait and see.

I disagree that he's the best manager in England but he is doing a very, very good job with united, he's found a style of high tempo pressing that makes the opposition cave in, last season the team seemed to run out of steam (and lost a good player to injury) around November time, if they can avoid that and the teams around them keep beating each other I see no reason why united cannot gain promotion.

Good well deserved win, Billy at his best

I have not seen or heard any words from CW about the performance, did he just let the result do the talking?

Good well deserved win, Billy at his best

I have not seen or heard any words from CW about the performance, did he just let the result do the talking?

No he criticized the performance saying the score line flattered the Blades and pointed out they played better in the week but only got a point.