Amazon fire tablet HD 7th Generation 2017.

Can anyone tell me please? Can you use a Chromecast with one of these tablets? Thanks for any info. Alan.

Yes, it's android....

Thanks for getting back to me Ghozer.

---------- Post added 27-10-2018 at 09:49 ----------

Hello again Ghozer, It looks like I have to install Google play store to the tablet before I can use the Chromecast. It also says something about side loading what ever that means.

Alan.

It looks like I have to install Google play store to the tablet before I can use the Chromecast. It also says something about side loading what ever that means.

Alan.

Yes. Although its Android it uses its own Amazon Play store. Here's a free casting app:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ClockworkMod-AllCast-for-Fire-TV/dp/B00JHMPP9S/ref=sr_marpr_2?s=mobile-apps&ie=UTF8&qid=1540807902&sr=1-2&keywords=cast+to+tv+from+kindle+fire

Sideloading is where you download any APK from somewhere else and manually install it if its not in the store. Many cool programs aren't!

Hello alchresearch, Thank you for getting back to me. The app you have given me doesn't say anything about the chromecast. I don't have a fire stick. It seems that the fire tablet is very limited it also has problems with connecting to bluetooth when it does it loses connection and I have to re-install my bluetooth items. I wouldn't recommend this tablet.

Thanks again Alan.

Amazon Fire tablets are rubbish, horrible user interface, horrible Amazon app store and pretty dire screen, we bought one for the eldest of our lads (aged 7 at the time) and he hated it so much because of its limitations he dumped it for a proper Android tablet, he handed it down to the youngest lad who even at the age of 4 realised the games you could get from the crappy limited Amazon app store were very poor and he then wanted a proper Android tablet.

Amazon Fire tablets are rubbish, horrible user interface, horrible Amazon app store and pretty dire screen, we bought one for the eldest of our lads (aged 7 at the time) and he hated it so much because of its limitations he dumped it for a proper Android tablet, he handed it down to the youngest lad who even at the age of 4 realised the games you could get from the crappy limited Amazon app store were very poor and he then wanted a proper Android tablet.

Except that at the price point they sell for, they are the best you can get. I agree that it isn't a great experience, but I got an 8HD on sale for £50 and for that money it was a good device.

Same here, great tablet for the money. Never had any problems with it. The adverts aren't even that intrusive, just being on the lock screen.

And the bypass to get Play store and other apps has been around for a long time:

https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/get-google-play-on-fire-tablet

Hello alchesearch have you tried to install it lately? I have tried 3 times now and it still doesn't work. I have to try the instructions from xda forum. My brother has the same tablet and managed to install it but that was earlier this year. I also read on a forum while searching for a way to do it that Amazon has blocked it. I should have read more about these tablets not having Google play store. I wouldn't have purchased it if I had. Alan.