Greenhill main road junction

the new junction outside the transport ground ,i think is very dangerous,there been lots of crashed cars,buses ect in recent weeks,anyone else seen all the cars crashing ect.

I think it is due to the red lights warning pedestrians not to cross, they are so big and bright that cars wanting to turn right think oncoming tdaffic will stop. If what I believe to be tdue, then it is pure incompetance by the designers.

Have they designed this as a split crossing then? I use this junction at least once per week and was not aware of this. It is perhaps only good luck I have not re-designed my car there. However I tend not to rely on traffic lights, more what the traffic is doing.

Must wholeheartedly agree with smithy and bassett but then what can one expect when Sheffield traffic designers are involved.

was this designed as traffic flow or to help the public cross the road?,its a silly idea and its costing people money with all these cars/buses hitting one another ,thats minus the clear up cost of amey.

just seen a near miss here again, as soon as they built it it was obviously flawed as traffic going down greenhill ave cant tell wether traffic on the top road is on hold or not with the lights, they only recently added give way road markings.

should be traffic lights on sensors both sides.

i thought it was a traffic light for cars and a crossing?

i thought it was a traffic light for cars and a crossing?

not coming from meadowhead roundabout just give way road markers no sign.

i have been past today its a stop by lights coming from greenhill to the meadowhead round about and if coming from the round about a filter system to turn right,but lights can stop you both ways for the pelican crossing to get accross to the transport club or footpath

Hi Bassett one

I posted this back in May after seeing a number of near misses, it looks like the powers that be, may have agreed with me as they altered the plain green lenses to green filter arrows all pointing ahead (west)

https://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1542330

Edited by Wisbech
added link