Terrorism back in the USA - Explosive devices sent

Looking at the number of devices sent, it is looking less likely that this is the work of a lone Trump supporter but possibly an organised group.

It will be interesting to see the forensic results as you would expect that some devices would have gone off and others not. If all or none of them had gone off, it suggests to me that that was how it was planned which leads me to think that there was a certain sophistication involved.

Given that we now know that there was real explosives involved, I doubt that an angry alt-righter would have the skills to do this. Another consideration is that this could be someone with military experience .

Not just terrorism but terrorism pretty much sanctioned by the president.

Strange days.

Keep it civil please

Anyone thought that it could be some die-hard Democrat militants trying to sway people into thinking it's Trump supporters or even Trump himself? God knows they tried every trick in the book to get Kavanaugh. It all seems just so trumped up to me.;)

Anyone thought that it could be some die-hard Democrat militants trying to sway people into thinking it's Trump supporters or even Trump himself? God knows they tried every trick in the book to get Kavanaugh. It all seems just so trumped up to me.;)

You don't think right wingers are capable? Remember Timothy McVeigh?

If you compare the number of claimed false flag attacks verses the number of actual false flag attacks it's reasonable to assume that anyone suggesting a false flag attack is just trying to deflect attention from something happening that they find embarrassing to their viewpoint.

Anyone thought that it could be some die-hard Democrat militants

Is there such a thing a die hard Democratic militant? What sort of crank conspiracy theory websites do you inhabit?

Meanwhile, in the real world, a Republican supporter with a long criminal history is arrested in Florida in connection with the attacks.

So the press are there blaming Trump for the bombs yet a few days earlier the NYT posted this - https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/23/books/review/trumps-next-chapter.html

Yet it is Trump that is the cause of this? Yes it only does work one way it seems.

NOBODY is blaming trump for the actual bombs obviously, BUT he has created a climate of hostillity and hate, calling people he doesnt like the enemy day in day out doesnt help, not condemning white supremacists who killed an opponent in Charlottsville, laughing and joking at violence against journalists, laughing at groping women, locking up migrant children with no plan put in place to deal with them etc etc

yet he just endlessly slags off the media and his critics and blame them, as has been said he should look in the mirror at HIS words and HIS actions

---------- Post added 26-10-2018 at 19:25 ----------

theyve arrested somebody so hopefully they will find out the truth, not the conspiracy bobbar

this could have happened any time. It may not having anything to do with the elections in 10 days time at all. It may not even have anything to do with what whoever did it, thinks of Trump.

they've arrested somebody but that doesn't mean anything. The anthrax terrorism in 2001, just after 9/11, they've never got anybody for that. That also targeted Democratic political figures except it was far more dangerous than this - people were killed, and injured.

but that time, just because the terrorism targeted Democratic political figures, did anybody blame the Republican president Bush for it? Why is it any different now? How is it 'Trump's fault' this time, when it wasn't 'Bush's fault' back then?

Are you going to try to pretend that Trump hasn't helped create a climate of violence?

It's only last week he was praising a congressman who assaulted a journalist

I remember Robert De niro using violent language towards Trump.

"I'd like to punch him in the face...."

It may not even have anything to do with what whoever did it, thinks of Trump.

Maybe not, but the fact that the guy who was was arrested drove a van completely covered in Trump posters and conspiraloon anti-CNN posters, suggest that he not only a fan of Trump but was also someone who had completely fallen for the whole Trump/alt-Right attack on the media.

they've arrested somebody but that doesn't mean anything.

According to this report:

US officials say that DNA evidence was used to track him down.

That's an awfully long and thin straw you're clutching at.