Open relationship

Once you've eaten it you DON'T have it though, that being the point of the saying.

And the point of having cake in the first place is to eat it - there aren't any other uses for it :cool:

(the saying has always struck me as being somewhat absurd - like saying "you want your beer and drink it" ).

Guest makapaka
I'd view them with suspicion, the lifestyle also.

Why are you suspicious of someone's sexual orientation when its undertaken by consenting adults?

Are you suspicious of gay people?

If not - what leads you to accept homosexuality but not polyamory?

A true open relationship involves all affected parties consenting to it, so there's nobody being hurt.

All that needs to be said really. People talking about cheating etc are not talking about open relationships, they're not the same thing. I think people are completely misunderstanding what an open relationship actually is.

All that needs to be said really. People talking about cheating etc are not talking about open relationships, they're not the same thing. I think people are completely misunderstanding what an open relationship actually is.

It’s a good point. I think those that see anything outside of a monogamous relationship probably see it as “suspect”..as though poly amarous or open relationships are immoral...you’ll likely find that mentality is governed by insecurities, a religious bent or self righteousness. Although a preference isn’t necessarily defined by any of the above but a preference is quite simply that and nothing more.

Nowt to do with me how folk want to carry on! If adults consent to it then what is the harm?

Remember though kids, safe sex saves lives x

On 02/11/2018 at 14:30, OhhEnnEmm said:

I'd view em with jealousy is how I'd view em ;)

hahaha 👍

They can do what they like as long as I, or any of my family,  are not affected in any way.

I'm very old fashioned I suppose, and find it hard to see how you can truly care for your partner if you feel the need to spread yourself around.

With the prevalence of STD's, i would have thought that common sense would prevail but, I suppose that's too much to ask.

Quote a poster:    If adults consent to it then what is the harm?

Millions of kids will testify that it completely ruined their lives and tore their world apart - that's the harm.

Edited by Organgrinder
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, cressida said:

hahaha 👍

Genuine question. What were you searching to locate this near 5 year old thread? Something you want to tell us? 

Nothing in particular,  genuine question,  why do you want to know?

22 minutes ago, cressida said:

Nothing in particular,  genuine question,  why do you want to know?

Just interested as to how you located a thread that must have been on page 100 😂