Open relationship

Sorry for being off topic, but I always hoped you looked like your avatar:love:

You chuffin, two timer...….

I don't approve of anybody being unfaithful in a relationship, but that stands for anybody being unfaithful, not just those who claim to be in an open relationship.

If the spouse is unaware then they're not in an open relationship, they're lying! My comment stands for those who are actually in open relationships, i.e. those for whom this is with consent of all affected parties.

---------- Post added 23-10-2018 at 22:41 ----------

Because 'in an open relationship' sometimes means 'I'm unfaithful to my partner/spouse'.

So does 'I love my partner' for some people. You really cannot tell who is prepared to lie or cheat sometimes.

A true open relationship involves all affected parties consenting to it, so there's nobody being hurt.

Because 'in an open relationship' sometimes means 'I'm unfaithful to my partner/spouse'.

No it doesn't.

I seriously wouldn't have expected you to be this intolerant and close minded based on your previous posts so I can only conclude you've never met anyone in such a realtionship or have a very twisted view of how it works.

No it doesn't.

I seriously wouldn't have expected you to be this intolerant and close minded based on your previous posts so I can only conclude you've never met anyone in such a realtionship or have a very twisted view of how it works.

Wow, you're a bit arsey tonight; did you deliberately ignore the 'sometimes' or just not see it?

Wow, you're a bit arsey tonight; did you deliberately ignore the 'sometimes' or just not see it?

I suggest before putting that accusation out you take a long hard look in the mirror.

Sorry for being off topic, but I always hoped you looked like your avatar:love:

When I first joined here maybe nearer to it than now. ;)

A true open relationship involves all affected parties consenting to it, so there's nobody being hurt.

There it is...in a nutshell.

If you met someone who said they were in an

"Open relationship" how would view them? How would you view the lifestyle?

Have you been or in an open relationship?

Does it work?

I would view them with suspicion. I mean the two words Open and Relationship are opposite meanings.

No it doesn't. Faithfulness is something that is determined by the people in a relationship, not by you.

Well, no more so than "I'm single" or whatever else people who cheat say.

You're normally pretty progressive and open minded in your posts, but you seem to have a very different approach to this topic.

Edited by Cyclone

I don't approve of anybody being unfaithful in a relationship, but that stands for anybody being unfaithful, not just those who claim to be in an open relationship.

If the spouse is unaware then they're not in an open relationship, they're lying! My comment stands for those who are actually in open relationships, i.e. those for whom this is with consent of all affected parties.

---------- Post added 23-10-2018 at 22:41 ----------

So does 'I love my partner' for some people. You really cannot tell who is prepared to lie or cheat sometimes.

I agree Medusa, otherwise wasn't it known as 'having your cake and eating it'?

I agree Medusa, otherwise wasn't it known as 'having your cake and eating it'?

What else can you do with cake if you don't eat it?

Once you've eaten it you DON'T have it though, that being the point of the saying.