Sign in to follow this  

Get your cat chipped for a £10

Does anybody on the forum have their cat chipped?

No not me thinking about it but as she is deaf and goes out once in a blue moon not sure if a need but i guess for a tenner and it dont hurt her then it might help get her back if she does a runner.

I think i will give em a ring

FA and Missy

Yes, our cat was chipped last year at our vet (Abbeymoor Veterinary Centres, abbey lane - we paid around 15/20£).

The main reason is that he likes to go out and he really hates to wear a collar and sometime manages to take it off, so we thought more secure to have him microchipped.

He was annoyed the first 3 days (the vet recommended not to touch him where the chip is) but he is completely fine now.

I had my cat chipped after I found a dog on the main Chesterfield/Matlock rd. Took it to my vet who scanned it. It came back registered to a sactuary in Newcastle. The sanctuary then got in touch with the people who had got the dog off them and they were on holiday in Matlock. One dog happily reunited with its very happy owners! Dont think this would have had such a happy ending without that microchip