Kleenex mansize tissues renamed for being sexist.

Now is the time to get rid of Midwives and replace them with birthing delivery technicians

Agreed, lets have it t'other way as well

Good piece of marketing if you ask me. Got a lot of people talking about their brand.

Guest makapaka
That’s probably why they removed “Man”. I guess no one buys tissues on the basis of the box discription/title.

Those that see it as a “it’s bin like dat for decades” seem to think it is something to worry about. Your snot or nose is probably no bigger than yer missus’s.

Yes funnily enough I was aware men didn’t need bigger tissues - I didn’t realise others understood they couldn’t use them if they weren’t a man.

Now is the time to get rid of Midwives and replace them with birthing delivery technicians

Midwives are apparently so called because the term means ‘with woman’ rather than anything to do with the gender of the widwife.

Guest makapaka
Midwives are apparently so called because the term means ‘with woman’ rather than anything to do with the gender of the widwife.

But how would someone giving birth who was born a woman - but who now identifies as a man - feel about being referred to as a woman by having a midwife look after them?

It’s no good unfortunate they will have to change it to something else.

If this carries on the word "man" will be obliterated from our vocabulary, unless of course it has "wo" in front of it.

I call BS on this story, instead:

"Flagging tissue company needs to revive interest in its brand and uses media for lots of free publicity."

No doubt in a week or two the company will announce that due to strong public support it will retain the name.

If this carries on the word "man" will be obliterated from our vocabulary, unless of course it has "wo" in front of it.

Or in your case, remove the N from your monikar.

I call BS on this story, instead:

"Flagging tissue company needs to revive interest in its brand and uses media for lots of free publicity."

No doubt in a week or two the company will announce that due to strong public support it will retain the name.

That would be a genius idea, in fact, I'm surprised other companies aren't already doing that!...

What about 'fun size' choc bars? Can they substantiate the suggestion they are fun?

---------- Post added 19-10-2018 at 11:36 ----------

No- I saw in another thread there is already a campaign to use 'womxn' instead of 'woman'

"Dr Clara Bradbury-Rance, fellow at King's College London, said the spelling "stems from a longstanding objection to the word woman as it comes from man, and the linguistic roots of the word mean that it really does come from the word man".

The word is also supposed to be inclusive of trans women, and some non-binary people." (BBC)

That would be a genius idea, in fact, I'm surprised other companies aren't already doing that!...

Interesting how one of the Tweets complaining to Kleenex was from someone who is a "Marketing Genius"....

Dam..

I'm now worried that I should not buy baby wipes as I dont have a baby! Maybe they should just name them wipes and save my confusion.