FLDC Vs The Blades

A footballing lesson from Mr Frank Lampard's team

Edited by rogets

I'm well happy Derby took the points, but it has to be said utd are a very good side who really deserved at the very least a point tonight ( well from what I saw anyway)

unlucky !!

now i am a big Wilder fan, but to take off your main motivator, then your major play maker in a double sub role, laid down a message we will settle for a draw.

well to night it back fired , we were the better side and should have gone for it,

Now before the dark side start with the usual crap.... i dont proclaim United are the chamionship elect, every one is beating every one...

but 3 points tonight would have created a GAP, the sub moves in my opinion was/were a negative move.! negative is not a word i associate with Wilder.

You only watched the first half then?

You only watched the first half then?

Rubbish comment. I watched the game and utd at the very least deserved a point.

Blades to be brought down a peg or two in this game

7 - 0 to Derby

The league table is not accurate at the moment

The league table is more accurate now dont you think?

Great first half. Billy was finding loads of space between and behind their back line, but the service was lacking. Could have won it in the first 45. Second half - Sat back, no real pressure on the Rams at all. One chance of any note - the O'Conell header. Coutts was well off the pace and the whole side underperformed. Derby finished us off when we failed to do the damage in the first half. Second in the league will do, but we need to be better across the whole game. Realistic Blade.Roll on Tuesday night. UTB!

Apart from the first 20 seconds, I thought the first half was fantastic with United well on top but their good approach play wasted by poor quality final balls which is something they really need to work on. In the second half, our players looked as if they'd spent the break having their hair cut by Delilah because they were a shadow of their former selves and the double substitution only made things worse. If Coutts is going to come on it should only be as a straight swap for Norwood and if Duffy is going to come off, Wilder should bring Ricky Holmes back or buy an attacking midfield player in January.

Apart from the first 20 seconds, I thought the first half was fantastic with United well on top but their good approach play wasted by poor quality final balls which is something they really need to work on. In the second half, our players looked as if they'd spent the break having their hair cut by Delilah because they were a shadow of their former selves and the double substitution only made things worse. If Coutts is going to come on it should only be as a straight swap for Norwood and if Duffy is going to come off, Wilder should bring Ricky Holmes back or buy an attacking midfield player in January.

Well it was a decent performance but we did take the foot of the pedal in the second half .Four away wins up till now is a good haul so no complaints really when you think how far we have come in two years.We were warned we would not cut the mustard in this league well I have not seen any team we should be afraid of not one.To think some were saying we would be in a relegation fight when we came up were taking out of their rectum.Teams are now fearing us not the other way round.If we do have any weak areas i am more than happy to trust our manager to sort it and so should all Blades fans.He has done more to bring the ship around in two years than the other managers have done in twenty.

Rubbish comment. I watched the game and utd at the very least deserved a point.

True comment, you can pass the ball around in nice triangles till the cows come home, without the incisive pass you may as well hit it long.

Derby showed more craft and guile, something that United will need if they want to win the better teams in the division!

I suggest if Duffy has to come off move Norwood to his position and bring a defender on, this would create GOALS

---------- Post added 21-10-2018 at 21:26 ----------

A footballing lesson from Mr Frank Lampard's team

Beaten by a great goal

Good game for any neutrals watching, end to end stuff, beaten by a very creative goal from Marriott. Don't think I would have made those substitutions to be honest, but its history now.

True comment, you can pass the ball around in nice triangles till the cows come home, without the incisive pass you may as well hit it long.

Derby showed more craft and guile, something that United will need if they want to win the better teams in the division!

The trouble with that is we would be accused by some on here being a long ball team and we can not have that can we.

---------- Post added 22-10-2018 at 13:27 ----------

United are becoming a 1 half team (1 half of the game, 1 half of the season) being good in one half may work against the poorer teams in the league but wont cut the mustard against better teams !

Have you any thoughts on your own teams game on Friday?A bit strange having four posts on the Blades performance on Saturday bit none on your teams efforts on on the thread about fridays game.Have we got you that worried that you are more concerned about what the Blades are doing rather than what your own team are doing?