Sheffield parkway to NGH

I need to go from the travelodge on prince of Wales road to the Northern general hospital next Wednesday my appointment at the hospital is 10am if I left at 9.30am would the parkway be busy ? How long should the journey take ? Thankyou for your help

You might need a lot of time to find somewhere to park....I would leave a lot earlier than just half an hour before...

It'll take about 15 minutes on quiet roads, double that at busy times.

Either way 30 minutes is absolutely nowhere near enough, taking into account parking, walking to where you want to go etc.

45 minutes is more realistic if you don't want to be rushing.

But I'd set off about 9am if I were you and take it steady.

Google maps is quite good for estimating journey times at particular times on particular days, broadly in line with what we're saying:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/Travelodge+Sheffield+Richmond,+Prince+of+Wales+Road,+Sheffield/Northern+General+Hospital,+Sheffield/@53.3916013,-1.4747757,13z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m18!4m17!1m5!1m1!1s0x48799d511d1dd4ad:0xb7dd6bea9369d0f!2m2!1d-1.4141219!2d53.3741479!1m5!1m1!1s0x487978438922e4af:0xf58e916845d2feda!2m2!1d-1.460631!2d53.408432!2m3!6e0!7e2!8j1540371600!3e0

I need to go from the travelodge on prince of Wales road to the Northern general hospital next Wednesday my appointment at the hospital is 10am if I left at 9.30am would the parkway be busy ? How long should the journey take ? Thankyou for your help

You would be crossing over the Parkway.

If you are being dropped off and are very familiar with the NGH layout then 30 minutes would be a minimum.

An hour would include the drive(15), finding a space to park(15), walk to and finding the correct reception(15) and another 15 just in case.

Thankyou for the replies I have sat nav in the car I’ve done an AA route search it doesn’t look far

Thankyou for the replies I have sat nav in the car I’ve done an AA route search it doesn’t look far

It isnt far but as people have already said you need to give yourself plenty of time to find a parking space.

I took my Mum to an appointment yesterday and it took us 20 minutes to find a space.

Try to get to a car park within the grounds near to where you need to be with time to spare. If there are no spaces hang about for a while and a space may become vacant; the person leaving will probably hand over their parking ticket.

Plenty of parking on side roads around the hospital, providing your prepared for a 10min walk..

As someone who works at the NGH, I would recommend having someone drop you off or getting a taxi.

That time of day is the very worst time to try and find a parking space and I would imagine you can do without that stress before a hospital appointment.

Have to agree with Daven, last time I went I was looking for somewhere to park for ages. I thought I will have one last go in the car park down from A & E and if I can't I am going home, I was fortunate that someone was just leaving and that was mid morning.

My sat nav preview is saying take the parkway and not the other way ? Which way is best?